Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
06 Taco4x4dblcabTRD
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have got a k&n air intake on my 06 tacoma. besides for just cutting the back part behind the screen on the hood scoop out and letting in free flowing air with rain and everything else. has anyone got any ideas for a functional hood scoop to bring air to the intake or and other crazy mods to bring air to the intake? any thoughts? thanks

·
Theatre Nerd Person...yea
Tacoma
1,969 Posts
I think 05XRunner is the only one who has actually made their hoodscoop really functional so far. I haven't heard of anyone else doing it.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
it doesnt make any difference. I had a intake setup sitting infront of the scoop and ther ewas no difference between that way and way I have the intake now. I just wanted my scoop open.
Now if you can work up some duct work like on the TRD truck it might work better

·
Registered
06 Taco4x4dblcabTRD
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
scoop

i was going to do that but i didnt want water and everything else to get in. ill just find some way to rigg it

·
Registered
2005 Tacoma
337 Posts
hotman2754 said:
i was going to do that but i didnt want water and everything else to get in. ill just find some way to rigg it
i have the same setup as 05 and have driven it in pouring rain and hardly any water gets in it opening up the hood scoop is better if you have your setup right over the engine IMO

1 - 5 of 5 Posts