Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
not actual size
Camry
1,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can't figure this one out... Yesterday I'd been driving around for awhile when suddenly the clutch was a whole lot easier to depress. Furthermore, the friction point feels less obvious than before. The weird part is that it now feels easier to get into gear than before.

Also, prior to yesterday I'd developed an issue where sometimes it was just really hard to get into first gear. That problem appears to be gone, now... anyone have any ideas of what's going on?

·
not actual size
Camry
1,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I should also add that I have no problems with slippage or chatter. I have enough hydraulic fluid, and cannot find any leaks (though there could be something I'm missing).

A buddy suggested I had just worn down the first layer of the clutch, as this is new since 6 mo. ago. That make sense to any of y'all?

·
Registered
341 Posts
my guess is that you moved your seat a bit forward.
now you are able to depress the pedal all the way down. as a result, the t.o. bearing presses down further on the diaphragm spring and fully disengages the clutch disc making it easier for the blocking ring to engage the speed gear. either that or you got air in the system.

·
not actual size
Camry
1,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Heh, you know at first I thought it was a seat malfunction. As far as I can tell it's in the same position it's always been, though. Wrist check shows that my arms rest at the same place as they always have.

Unless I grew some. I guess it's a possibility that my legs are longer.

·
Country Hick
2001 Nissan Pulsar
1,339 Posts
I'd say youve got air in the system somewhere...

·
Registered
3 Posts
just for fun check......

Check the clutch release arm lever, I didn't relize mine was broken until I removed the bolt, and had the broken piece fall into my hands.

·
Street-Cruiser
458 Posts
I've had this same problem recently, but now it's so bad that when I push the clutch in, i can't get into gear, and when i'm in gar, I CAN PUSH THE CLUTCH IN FULLY AND GIVE IT GAS,AND IT WILL ACCELERATE! What is the clutch release arm exaclty? Brink, did you ever figure this problem out? Was it just air in the system somewhere? I would take it to a mechanic to bleed all the lines, but I can't even drive it that far. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts