Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
ooSnip3r Halo2!
89 Corolla GTS
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey okay....so I bought my GTS early this spring and never really noticed the idle.....but latley its been really bad....on start up it idles above 2000....and then settle s down to 1100-1500.....well thats still high.
So anyways I bought the Haynes manual...tried to adjust the idle screw.....well we minused the screw and it was still high...brought it from 1500 to 1100......so I take it to toyota and I tell them What I did...and they tell me not to touch that screw cause Im gonna break something...weird I think but okay...so I ponder getting toyota to diagnose the problem...but I didnt want to pay there shop rate. So I took it to this shop in town where my buddy takes his authentic...mazda pace car..to and got him to look at it...told him my story....we stood there for maybe five minutes just staring and talking about engine idles....

So he figures that I need to change my throttle body becasue the ohh shoot I forget all the details....theres a throttle sensor in there that gets plug so its not reading properly....he figures I should just get one form the auto wreckers or Ebay....searched ebay couldnt find one.....

So I say thanks and go to get in my car...and guess what!!
The idle is at 650RPM's....WHOA!!
So I guess my car is now magically fixed!!
yeaa!
Has this happened to any of you guys?

·
The Return of the Red Coupe
2010 RAV4 V6
19,666 Posts
Idle is not gonna fix itself from one minute to the other.. I know cuz when I fool around with mine, it takes at least a day for the idle to go back to normal.

My engine used to rev up and down, up and down, up and down.. you get the picture.. :lol: the shop where I went fooled around with the screw for a looong time and nothing.. so I get home and just adjust it all the way to the lowest it can go. I get up to work next morning and I notice my car is not doing it anymore.. and on top of that, my idle is now at 900-1000 all the time. :D

·
ooSnip3r Halo2!
89 Corolla GTS
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Naw...its ldle'ing high again....grrrrr.....I dont get it..cars suck ass....burn them all!!
I just thought it was funny...its like going to the doctor I think....you have something that hurts...you go visit him and as soon as you walk through the door your healed....of course till you get home again...same thing with cars at shops.....car dosnt work till you get there...then walla!! it works...and you look like an idiot. its like magic ! :lol:
ahh well....wonder if my timing belt has anything to do with it?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts