Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to share this.

I just finished changing the Spark plugs on my 93 V6 Camry. I bought the car a few months ago. Its got over 200,000 miles on it but it's in great shape. However the engine did not seem to be running quite as well as it should. I found out why. It would seem that the plugs may have only been changed once. I found 5 standard champion plugs(ugh!) and in cylinder 5(the one that is pretty much impossible to remove without taking off the intake plenum) was, what I believe, the factory Nippon Denso. It was almost completely worn down. The gap was so large I would be surprised if it was even firing.

Needless to say now that its running on 6 brand new Bosch Platinum +2s, new wires, and distributor it absolutely sings.

·
OLD TN dude
62 Posts
Sounds about right for OUR area of the country unfortunately! Worse yet,...it has probably been maintained since new by the dealership!!!:disappoin
MCTOY

·
A Poor College Student
1994 Camry Sedan LE
354 Posts
True story... had my dad's 91 accord, with 193000 miles, still on the ORIGINAL PLUGS..... I was amazed it was running as well as it was when I changed em....

·
Registered
Camry
1,463 Posts
I took Boschs out. I had what seemed like a misfire at higher RPMs. I cant remember if I put NGKs or NDs in but they work great.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts