Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Platinum Shift Customs
556 Posts
this is an interesting topic....I dont think that any cars will be like the 1930-1970's cars where people buy them to restore them and can sell them all done up and make a living off of it, just because of the added cost of customizing any newer vehicles.

·
Registered
2001 Toyota Prius
371 Posts
BLUEMEANIE said:
the first year of the Prius or the Insight ...or a first year Mini (the new one)
.....well I have the first year prius....that's mean mine will be collector car?????

and I got a 83 corolla s/w with only 69xxxkm on it, will that be collector item too???

·
Registered
84 Posts
1993 Honda Civic Si hatch. You know some old gino is gonna want one to re-live his youth in 20 years.

MKIV Supra TT, FD3S RX7, LanEVO

·
There is no substitute.
8,027 Posts
I'd get an Evo VI, the whole company is going downhill even Chrysler don't want them!

RX-8 is also not bad since nobody buys them, unlikely to see a real coupe version.

·
Premium Member
'96 Camry XLE
11,246 Posts
I would have to invest in a 1998 Supra TT 6-speed and Prolly a last Gen RX-7

·
Its freakin hot here...
2002 Ford ZX-2
466 Posts
my 1990 Lexus ES250...honestly, how many of them do you see running around all the time???

·
Premium Member
'96 Camry XLE
11,246 Posts
ArmyofOne said:
my 1990 Lexus ES250...honestly, how many of them do you see running around all the time???
There is one on my Campus, :lol:

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
2,727 Posts
first gen rx7 - turbo.

i know a dude who owns one(he's the admissions director at Peabody Institute), and he frickin autocrosses it...it's gorgeous. i want it :(

·
Its freakin hot here...
2002 Ford ZX-2
466 Posts
ASG14 said:
There is one on my Campus, :lol:

where is your campus?? it might be me LOL.

i didnt say they didnt exist, but there arent that many of them anymore.

and with what its gonna cost to get mine to QUIT FACKING LEAKIN!, i am gonna hang onto it for a LONG time.

·
Mad Scientist
94 scepter coupe
3,959 Posts
i don't think any of these newwer cars will stand up to the older ones cause they use alot of technology that can be easily damaged unlike the classic cars. also there isn't a strong brother hood following import as there are for american.

but if i had to say i would say a gen 3-3.5 cam, 2nd gen mr2, supraTT,last rwd celica, gt4, rwd rolla.

·
Super Moderator
Supra
3,640 Posts
I'm not seeing too much that would go classic at this point. Perhaps an 05 Mustang GT given the complete overhaul of the frame may fit a niche, but were talking 30 years until they start to have a chance of reclaiming their initial price. Making a profit...40 or more years, and it has to be museum quality...

The impala ss based off the caprice chassis has some chance however among the muscle crowd.

Bob

1 - 16 of 16 Posts