Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is the new work thread for my new corolla, since my old one was totaled.

This one has 163k on it, I got it for $600. ($700 with title and tags)

It has muffed up driver side doors.. front and rear... and I need to saw off a piece of the rear quarter and weld in a new one.

The radio that was in the car was stolen, so of course, the whole mounting area is FUCKED, so I need to create a double din in the lower portion of the console... and of course the hazard button and defroster button got broken, so I need a whole new center console frame.

The rest of the body, and paint, is in better condition than the old one, and the hood isn't rusted on this one. WOOT!

and no, the tach will not be making an appearance in this car... ha.

Here are a few pics.

More tomorrow in better light.

Me with the rolla.

My buddy from madtofu.net took this.

The hulk smashed corner.

This engine bay is just dusty really, which will make cleaning it, ALOT easier.

Passenger side.

Fucked center console.

·
Certified Yo'Mama-ologist
241 Posts
I'm loving that Tien strut tower brace! Was any other suspension work done on the car?

·
Registered
724 Posts
No. I bought that from someone here. That is the only piece I was able to salvage from the other rolla. I refuse to part with it.

Added CAI today.

Got harness for new headunit.. going to see if I can fix the fucked buttons (hazard and defrost) and I will be closing off the top single din (maybe gauges or hide away radar detector later down the road), and moving the radio to the lower portion, where the optional tape deck is.

Pics tomorrow.

Has 02 sensor error code. Pre Cat (bank 1) so I need to either replace or clean it...

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
That's just a generic strut bar with a Tein sticker on it.

Tein doesn't make application-specific strut bars for the 7th gen Corolla.
Its deff the most sturdy and well built generic one I've ever seen....

and a guy can dream...

I wouldn't part with it for less than $150 anyway. It's REALLY solid.

edit -

I knew there was a thread on using the lower portion for a single din...

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2980696&postcount=38

This is ultimately what I am going to have to do...

my corolla came with the optional lower tape deck, SO, I can only assume it will fit the single din radio in there, with no problems.

edit - after looking at that, it looks like that pocket comes out of the assembly and I don't need any extra gear, so yes. lower single din it is!

-edit again.

its late, and I am awake...

Here is the CAI... (don't worry, engine bay will be clean when it gets warmer) and I still have to drill the hole in the tube for the MAF.

Here is the lower portion of the dash removed.

It had this weird, tape deck. I've never seen this on corollas.

Tape Deck Removed.

Used Pioneer DEH-P3600 (freeee)

·
kor-ro-ra?
97 Corolla 1.8L 5spd
3,287 Posts
Nice, other than the driver side looks pretty good. Why automatic though?

·
Only GOD Knows
Toyota Corolla
1,969 Posts
I have seen those storage bins before wirth the tape deck but I didn't know it could be swapped out that easily for a regular receiver. What are your plans for the other space where the stock radio sits?

Also, definitely not a bad price for what you got. I paid $600 for one that was hella clean....but needed a motor. In fact, I sold it and the girl who bought it is picking up the car today. I invested about 1500 total and flipped it for $2500

·
Mr. Roo
Lexus IS300
11,576 Posts
Ouch, yeah I see the damage now... how are you going to fix that rear corner? Good luck finding metal for that!

Good job on the radio thing.... yeah it is very easy to swap units in that lower bracket. It is made to hold any stereo really.

And what happened to those buttons? Were the screws stripped out? You could probably hot glue them back in easy.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Looks good.

I am going to glue those buttons back onto the back... then I think I am going to just close off the top area, and screw a switch there for the fog lights I am installing...

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/t330198.html - damage to frame.

so with the damage to the frame and x member, i have already ordered a new cross member and I will have the frame pulled out. It doesn't need much, just a few good tugs.

anyway, i have some pretty extreme vibrations... i think it is just from not having a front motor mount, but I need to get under it to check the rest of the k frame.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
YOU GUYS!!!!!!! ALL I NEED IS A RADIATOR SUPPORT!!!!!!!!! After looking at pics for a while, I noticed something... bottom of the frame on my car... and the picture of this new radiator have something in common... the areas on the side near the tow hooks... they are both curved the same... so I took a closer look, all I need is a rad support and cross member.

Can you guys take a look at this and confirm this with me?

this is my damage.

this is the schematics from corolla land.

this is the new rad support.

if that is true, it will lift such a big weight off my shoulders.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Got the system installed while I am waiting for the parts from the accident to get here.

Alpine M650 Class D Mono Block Amp. (side mount on box)
Kicker CVR12 Sub wired in 2 ohm mode for max power(Dual 4ohm Coils)

It sounds great.

That is a Scosche 12 Sealed Box, that I am going to port.

I have some aftermarket Pioneer 6,5's to go in the rear deck when I stop being lazy.

Front of the box.

Side of the box.

Top of the box, where I am going to drill 2 5inch holes with a hole saw bit.

·
Full Throttle
1993 Corolla SE Ltd
6,774 Posts
Lookin' good. I grew out of subs when I hit my 20's to be honest, now I just use 6.5" speakers powered by a 444w amp. What RMS rating is the sub and amp for your setup?

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Sub is 400.
AMp is 400 @ 4ohm, and 650 at 2ohm(what I have it at) but I had the guys at the audio shop tune the amp to put out, at max, 390.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Updates.

New System installed.

New Rad support and new center cross member are here! The car is going under the knife on Tuesday. I'm gonna respray the rad support back to gold.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
car goes under the knife today. dropped it off, should have it back late tomorrow.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts