Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I am just curious to know the gas consumption of 2019 Highlander AWD XLE.

My Highlander is showing 7.3 KM/L in city, is it good enough?

Please share yours.

Thanks

·
Registered
2017 Highlander XLE, 2020 Rav 4 XLE
114 Posts
Hi All,

Please share yours.

Thanks
That's about 17 mpg which seems low by a few mpg. I suggest you use Fuelly to get some real numbers:

·
Registered
'16 Highlander LTD
536 Posts
Here's the gas data for our 2016 Limited AWD. Not a heavy foot driver, parked in a garage year round, probably 2/3 city and 1/3 highway. Highway speeds are probably +5 over speed limit.
Data period 2-25-16 to 7-17-21
65793 miles
249 stops for gas
3,379.783 gal of gas of which 90% is ethanol 90/10 blend
19.47 MPG

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
Quite possibly not the most accurate, but in all my years I've never had a vehicle whose computer was off enough to make a bit of difference.
I have. Especially short term. I've seen it off by as much as 5mpg. They've gotten better over the years, but it really is just an estimate.

·
Registered
425 Posts
I have. Especially short term. I've seen it off by as much as 5mpg. They've gotten better over the years, but it really is just an estimate.
Well sure short term with this sort of calculator. What I like better is having both instant and longer termed saved numbers displayed. The bar graphs I don't like as much.

·
Registered
60 Posts
My 2018 Highlander LE V6 AWD is getting between 22-26mpg's, this is mix city and highway driving. When I refill, the gas light is already on and I am already around around 340's or 350's miles. On straight highway driving (between 100 to 150miles), I have seen around 28mpg and 30mpg have seen. I drive conservatively.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hard to compare apples to oranges. Driving characteristics, elevation, low rolling-resistance tires and ethanol are common factors to consider. Driving characteristics is probably the biggest factor but you can gain 8-10% by using gas without ethanol. Look for ethanol free gas and use it, if they don't charge more for it. When I lived in Michigan, gas stations did not charge a premium. My current state charges $0.50 per gallon more. Also, I live at sea level and my mileage is always better here than when I visit family and friends who live inland.

·
Registered
214 Posts

It might be, depending on number of stops, crawling in congested traffic, etc. If I had to drive in our local rush hour traffic, my Highlander would get worse than what you report.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts