Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wondering if your V6 AWD Highlander love gas like mine. I drove from Alma, Quebec, to Detroit and back to Three Rivers, Quebec. I was 95% of the time on highway, at average speed of 115 kph, so about 71 mph, for a total of 2540 km, or about 1578 miles.

Mine is a 2001, with 4 speeds AWD V6. Also, the air temperature was about -5 celcius, so 23 faranheit. For the winter, my highlander wears 4 Nokian hakkapellita SUV with studs, so it does'nt help either for the consumption.

I average 12.34 l/100km, so about 19.04 MPG. I find that quiet a lot, for a V6 with only 220 hp. According to the gouvernment official stats, the Highlander should be better on gas than the Jeep liberty V6 and Mercedes benz ML320.....I would not have any of those SUV if they are worst !

Does your numbers looks similars to mine ?

·
Registered
256 Posts
Cold starts and the increase roling resistance probably doesn;t help your gas mileage. My 02 V6 2WD Gas Mileage is 22 on the highway and 17-18 around town. My car has been pretty consitant since new, the only time dropped is when I didn't realizt a couple tire were down 10psi. I probably see it drop 1mpg in the winter during cold weeks with extended start ups to defrost/heat up.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I get 10 litres/100kms in my 3.3awd Kluger which is the same as your Highlander, mainly motorway running, standard tyres, temps 15 - 40 C. Truck is very carefully driven.
Roger

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok, thanks for the reply Roger, it just confirm that my highlander seems to be normal. There are 2 liters per 100 km of difference between us, but the temperature difference is enourmous, plus the studs winter tires that I have on also makes the difference.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts