Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Don't know if this is me, but it always seems like whenever I fill up at my local petrol stop, and then drive around for a little I am back to empty w/ the fuel light on. Mind you I know that my ES250 only gets 18CITY/25HYW or something close. I have no exhaust leaks, spark plugs are good, spark wires are new. Air filter is good. What is the problem. My mom has a Carolla and complains of the same thing. It must be a minute thing that Toyota had yet to perfect. Their product overall is amazing, and I wouldn'y own anything else, but can you answer my question? Is there anything that I can do to help this?

Later,

Bart

·
Premium Member
5,005 Posts
u should try to use ur trip odemeter....reset it to zero every fill up..that way u can more accurately guage/monitor fuel consumption......

·
TN's Resident Car Whore!
'95 DSM Eclipse RS
5,979 Posts
i seem to have the same problem. like my gas just seems to dissappear in my camry. well according to the gauge.

·
TN's Resident Car Whore!
'95 DSM Eclipse RS
5,979 Posts
same her i put in like $20 every other day.

·
Premium Member
5,005 Posts
20 in gas doesn't not go very far these days......how much do u pay for gas where ur from??......what kind of driving do u do??...mainly city or hwy??......gas doesn't simply just evaporate.....

·
TN's Resident Car Whore!
'95 DSM Eclipse RS
5,979 Posts
I pay $5USD for a gallon of gas. I do mostly city driving and $20 only lasts me not even a day if i'm doing stuff all over the city. Keep in mind Belize City isn't large at all.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You aint kidin $5 for gas; although Gas has gone down to a low and cool $1.78, but that doesn't help things cause my cat convertor is smoked, and leaking.

·
TN's Resident Car Whore!
'95 DSM Eclipse RS
5,979 Posts
Sorry about that i made a mistake it's $4USD for a gallon, but they predict by the end of the year it will be $5USD for a gallon. Our governent sucks cuz they get more than 50% of that $4. When it does reach $5 I'm gonna sell my cara nd try to get a desiel vehicle. Probably one of those old school desiel Mercedes Benz since they go for kinda cheap here.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts