Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
97 Corolla DX AE101
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are my gas lines which I am going find a way to repair today! its been like that since I bought it. I have had it inspected and they have been repaired with the wrong gas line fittings and the plastic screw is missing on the gas line cover.

If anybody else has a pic of there gas line, could you please share it so I know what my gas line should look like? I know it shouldnt look like this :facepalm:

·
Only GOD Knows
Toyota Corolla
1,969 Posts
pics don't work....

What gas line are we talking about? Supply line to the fuel rail? Return line to the tank? Connections at the fuel pump?

·
Registered
97 Corolla DX AE101
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had it looked at today and I was able to just push the plastic gas line cover up and tie it up with mechanics wire. I was worried the gas line was hard tubing and would have to be replaced, but it was flex tubing and flexed up with the gas line cover. ..I was prepared to pay up to $300 to have my gas lines fixed. I ended up having it fixed for free with mechanics wire while I got my oil changed!

·
Just play along....
corolla
3,384 Posts
That last pic shows a VERY bulging rubber line where it goes on the hard line. Thats usually a sign of trouble. You may want to replace the rubber bits. Maybe they didnt use high pressure fuel line.

-SP

·
11,441 Posts
That last pic shows a VERY bulging rubber line where it goes on the hard line. Thats usually a sign of trouble. You may want to replace the rubber bits. Maybe they didnt use high pressure fuel line.

-SP

...unless he wants to car to catch on fire, without him in it away from everything and everyone else so he can get a new(er) car

·
Registered
97 Corolla DX AE101
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I took my car into MIDAS for a confident inspection. They said because nothing is leaking and that everything looks good, there is no need to replace any gas lines or fittings. Though they swapped out my zip ties for some sweet mechanics wire lol.

Your right though, that bulging line definitely looks like it does NOT belong!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts