Toyota Nation Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
When you guys say "highway mpg", do you mean like 75mph plus or 55-60 mph (like the EPA testing)?

MIC0417 said:
The 5.7 would do better because you touch the gas and your already moving
No kidding. I test drove one this weekend and I my legal pad that was sitting on the dash was in the backseat.

The salesman told me to do it.....and that is what I would have told the cop.

·
Precision driver
2,105 Posts
My highway speed is usually around 75...I try to keep it down because after 75, the mileage goes to 13-14mpg...This weekend will be a 600+ mile trip to MI, all highway. I'll report back with the round trip mileage.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Anyone notice a difference with a tonneau cover?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a race car for that... I just use it to pull the car to the track. The funny thing is it gets 13mpg with or without the 24 foot car hauler behind it. hope it gets better.. never had a toyota truck before...

·
Registered
54 Posts
I am taking delivery today of my new Tundra today

For those getting good mileage - other than keeping RPMs around 2K any good advice. I am easy on the pedal and don't tend to gun a vehicle unless I need to.

·
Precision driver
2,105 Posts

Got a whoping 17.3 mpg during this 600+ mi trip to MI at 74mph highway...10% ethanol gas really puts the screws to you...

·
Registered
30 Posts
mhadden said:

Got a whoping 17.3 mpg during this 600+ mi trip to MI at 74mph highway...10% ethanol gas really puts the screws to you...

Yea, BUT you get a higher octane rating.. Pay more and get less mileage. Should be a lot cheaper but it ain't.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have only had mine a bout 3 weeks and don't have a lot of miles on it yet (less then 500). When I got it from the dealer the trip computer was registering 16 and most if not all was from highway miles as it was one taken on transfer. Pure city driving is getting me 13 -14 right now, again, this is off the trip computer.

I have read on some boards that manual calculations were coming up higher, so I wonder if there is some type of discrepancy in the on board system.

Even with this mileage, it is better than my well broken in 2000 Ford F-150 Ext Cab 4 X 4...I usually got 16 on the highway and 12 - 13 pure city with 14 in mixed driving.

If I can get some of the numbers posted here...18+ on the highway, I would be in heaven...Keeping my fingers crossed.

This is absolutely the best truck out there today.

·
Registered
54 Posts
crewmax 5.7 4x4 w/ 1300 miles. 17-18 city, 18-19 highway. I am very pleased with my mpg figures along with second to none power.
I am getting 19-21 on the highway but can't touch your city mileage. It seems that getting it from 0 to 45 really takes a toll on fuel - that stop and go. I am not accelerating fast. How are you managing so well with the city part?

21 - 37 of 37 Posts
About this Discussion
36 Replies
21 Participants
jocoyn
Toyota Nation Forum
ToyotaNation Forum is a community dedicated to all Toyota models. Come discuss the Camry, Tacoma, Highlander, 4Runner, Rav4 and more!
Full Forum Listing