Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
User, not a Loser
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what kind of mileage people are getting with the 07 Tundra with the 5.7. I remember when I bought my 2500HD the sticker said 17/20, but with 295 75/16 BFG's it only gets about 11mpg's. I noticed the sticker only says 14 city. I was thinking about buying one, but if the mileage sucks I might changed my mind. I was thinking about getting the double cab, long bed, 4x4. Anyone have some real numbers?

·
2,691 Posts
durring a drive i had to kill a half tank of fuel in a 5.7 litre double cab limited and averaged about 16mpg.

·
Registered
16 Posts
660 miles on an 8352 .. getting 15 to 16 MPG ... No complaints. I would think it would get a bit better once broken in (5,000 miles or so). It really drives great !! I know, I know, folks have been known to lie about their sex lives and gas mileage. The computer is coming real close to coming up with the same numbers as my "by hand calculations".

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have had mine for about a week. City mileage is around 14 as advertised. I have only made a short highway trips and the computer says 19 if I stay at 55 (can't due that for long ;) )

·
Registered
194 Posts
16 mpg mixed would be fine by me

If the new Tundra gets 16mpg mixed driving, then that's not too bad. My '97 T-100 X-tra Cab 4X4 SR5 auto gets just about 16mpg. My '05 Tacoma 4X4 DBL Cab LB TRD Sport V6 auto gets a shade over 17mpg under the best conditions. BTW, both trucks have fiberglass caps. I'm not a lead foot, so those are real numbers. I'm eyeing an '07 DBL Cab LB Tundra to replace the T-100. I need to tow some heavy loads occasionally. I supose we'll get reports of real mpg after new users get over the urge to mash the pedal.

·
Registered
32 Posts
My 2004 Double Cab Kills me on gas. I had a 2002 Tundra Access cab and when I got this 04 DC I notice the different right away. The ride is much smoother and truck roomier but the gas here in San Antonio is climbing every day. Shit, I hope they come up with an alternative fuel soon that will work for everyone.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I don't know if you guys work for Toyota or what! I conservatively test drove a 5.7 4x4 for abotu 25 miles and my MPG average was 9.8mpg 20 of the 25 were on the freeway.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well I have 1,400 on my truck and the 14 around the city is spot on. At 55 I am at 19 and I loss about 1 mpg for ever 5-10 miles I increase speed. At 80 I was getting around 16. Mine is a double cab 4 x 4.

Not sure how you were getting 9.8. Did you reset the gauge? Sounds like the truck sat idling for a long period. Bottom line, if mileage is a concern, you probably should not get a P/U with a 5.7 liter V-8.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Nope, don't work for Toyota, but it would have surely been helpful in getting a better price ... I now have about 1,200 miles on my 5.7 4x4 and on my last fillup the MPG readout is showing 16.1 with about 1/2 tank to go. I build houses for a living and my driving is "mixed rual" (very little city stop and go, but quite a bit of stop and go on county roads) ... On the last two fill-ups I check the MPG the old fashion way and compared it to the computer, it was within a tenth or two. ... My 2005 "Navistar/Ford" Powerstroke was only getting 16/17 being driven in the same manner, I can't explain it ...

·
Registered
06 Corolla-S
75 Posts
2007tundra said:
Well I have 1,400 on my truck and the 14 around the city is spot on. At 55 I am at 19 and I loss about 1 mpg for ever 5-10 miles I increase speed. At 80 I was getting around 16. Mine is a double cab 4 x 4.
What size engine...?

·
07 Tundra DC 5.7 4WD TRD
406 Posts
If you're going to be haulin stuff around or towing anything...you'd better get the 5.7! The 5.7 will get better gas mileage than a smaller engine when towing heavy loads. I had a 4Runner (V6) that sucked gas like flushing the toilet when towing my boat. More horsepower and torque moves things more efficiently and uses less gas. BTW--Just my opinion but, So many question about gas mileage. This is a Truck/Tundra forum, if you want gas mileage...get a hybrid moped or something:)

·
Registered
06 Corolla-S
75 Posts
Impelled said:
BTW--Just my opinion but, So many question about gas mileage. This is a Truck/Tundra forum, if you want gas mileage...get a hybrid moped or something:)
Truck or not, nothing wrong with asking questions and comparing MPG numbers.
I'm in the market for a new Truck, and just coming off a older Ford 7.3 Diesel I'm wondering what the Big-3 and Toyota are doing in MPG (gas) department.
For me, a few extra MPG could make the difference in what I purchase ...So I ask...ok?

·
07 Tundra DC 5.7 4WD TRD
406 Posts
Just teasin bout the moped advice...I think you'll be surprised w/ the 5.7 mph. I get as good, if not better, than my V6 4Runner. Around 14 in the city...I haven't towed the boat yet (getting closer though) and I bet I'll get better than the 4Runner!

·
Registered
2007 Tundra SR5
20 Posts
James T. Shoaf said:
The "5.7" I noted is the engine's displacement in liters.. a 350 cubic inch displacement give or take a few cubic inches. Hope this helps.
5.7-liter DOHC EFI V8, 32-valve aluminum block with aluminum alloy head with Dual VVT-i
381 hp @ 5600 rpm
401 lb.-ft. @ 3600 rpm
Bore and stroke: 3.70 x 4.02
Compression ratio: 10.2:1
Displacement: 5663 cc
Ignition system: DIS (Direct)
Emissions: ULEV II
Recommended fuel: 87 octane or higher

its 345 Cubic inches :eek:

i have 3,700 miles on my 2007 SR5 Double cab 4x2 with the 5.7L and Tow pkg. I average 17.5 mpg with mixed city/highway driving.

:hammer:

·
Registered
06 Corolla-S
75 Posts
UberDude said:
5.7-liter
Recommended fuel: 87 octane or higher

its 345 Cubic inches :eek:

i have 3,700 miles on my 2007 SR5 Double cab 4x2 with the 5.7L and Tow pkg. I average 17.5 mpg with mixed city/highway driving.

:hammer:
That's not a bad mpg number for a Truck. And nice to know it will accept (regular grade) gas...and not need Premium!;)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts