Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Noobie With A Dream
1993 MR2 Turbo
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm curious if anyone else has this problem, and if so, what can be done to fix it.

I just bought a 2007 HL 4WD 3.3L V6. My only complaint is that when filling up, no matter what gas station, the gas will bubble out after the filler has clicked off. Even with it on the lowest auto-fill setting, it still overflows. At first I thought it was just the pump, but it happens at every one if I don't manually fill the last gallon or so.

Does anyone else have this same problem? I'm wondering if there is a vent tube plugged or something. I didn't want to have to take it in to the stealership but I can't stand having gas running down the paint every time I get gas! :headbang:

·
Registered
2005 Corolla
532 Posts
The same thing happened to my friend's car(2005 Taurus). He needed a fuel tank vent valve. Sounds like it may a warranty issue, I would take it back to the dealer.

·
Registered
2 Posts
probably purge valve assembly inside gas tank. i think this is part of the emission system and should still be under warranty for a vehicle that new.

·
Noobie With A Dream
1993 MR2 Turbo
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'll be taking it in to have it looked at tomorrow. It happens at every pump no matter what so if they don't find something I'll be very surprised.

·
Noobie With A Dream
1993 MR2 Turbo
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So here's the diagnosis.

"Cobb webs in the vent tube and a plugged vent tube filter"

Fortunately for me, the filter isn't covered under warranty but the dealership ended up cracking it when taking it out to inspect it so now they will cover all the costs to replace!

I can't wait to fill up and not get covered with gas!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts