Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1984 pickup 4x4 - to remove the tank does the bed of the truck
need to be removed or does the tank drop straight down after the
vent/filler tubes and side bolts are removed ?
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
In article <[email protected]>,
"pacaguy" <[email protected]> wrote:

> I have a 1984 pickup 4x4 - to remove the tank does the bed of the truck
> need to be removed or does the tank drop straight down after the
> vent/filler tubes and side bolts are removed ?


The tank drops down.
Make sure to disconnect the sensor wires too, and the fill tube.
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ernie Leimkuhler wrote:
> In article <[email protected]>,
> "pacaguy" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > I have a 1984 pickup 4x4 - to remove the tank does the bed of the truck
> > need to be removed or does the tank drop straight down after the
> > vent/filler tubes and side bolts are removed ?

>
> The tank drops down.
> Make sure to disconnect the sensor wires too, and the fill tube.


Ernie, thanks for the update. once the tank is purchased the tank shall
be dropped. If interested there's a good site for OEM tanks on
www.gastanks.com
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
"pacaguy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
>
> Ernie Leimkuhler wrote:
> > In article <[email protected]>,
> > "pacaguy" <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> > > I have a 1984 pickup 4x4 - to remove the tank does the bed of the

truck
> > > need to be removed or does the tank drop straight down after the
> > > vent/filler tubes and side bolts are removed ?

> >
> > The tank drops down.
> > Make sure to disconnect the sensor wires too, and the fill tube.

>
> Ernie, thanks for the update. once the tank is purchased the tank shall
> be dropped. If interested there's a good site for OEM tanks on
> www.gastanks.com
>

where are you located, I'm in PA and will soon be parting a 80 4x4 20r that
has a good tank.
Mike K.
 
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Top