Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
back again? yeah, i am.
1992 Toyota Camry
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got everything out of the gauges...but i cant figure out how to put the white face on the OEM one....do i have to take off the needle????help???

·
Mad Scientist
94 scepter coupe
3,960 Posts
yes you must remove the needle but i would suggest getting scotch double sided tape to keep them in place they sell it in the fabric dept at walmart

·
back again? yeah, i am.
1992 Toyota Camry
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
^thanks...thats what i thought...but how do you remove it...i tried pulling on it a lot but that didnt work

·
back again? yeah, i am.
1992 Toyota Camry
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nope...jus tried that...wont budge

·
back again? yeah, i am.
1992 Toyota Camry
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thats what i thought...i pullled the needle hard i hop[e i didnt damage it...but it didnt come off...i tried the needle through the hole thing but the trip needle got in the way

·
Registered
207 Posts
Someone posted a tutorial on this (very well illustrated) and they cut a slit in the gauge to help it pop on the odometer stick after you slide the gauge over the speedo needle.

Do NOT remove needles!

- Paul

·
Traitor
332 Posts
i just got mine in the mail like 10 minutes ago and i was looing at the wiring and there is a red and black wire...which on is for power and which is for ground...and where to i ground it? or are they both for power

edit: is double sided tape the best way to stick the on there?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Red wire = (+)
Black wire = (-)

Ground it to any ground wire, or part of the car's frame. It just depends on whats easiest for you giving consideration to wire length, space, etc.

·
Registered
3 Posts
You always ground the negative wire (generally black). The hot wire (positive) is generally either red, or has a stripe down the side of it. This doesnt apply for factory wiring, just aftermarket accessories. So in this case you ground the black and connect the red to a power source.

·
Grenaded piston
6,523 Posts
stock93cam said:
so which one is grounded + or - and ppl who have done this before where did you ground it?
- (ground)
+ (positive, hot, constant)

Theres a bolt or nut in the opening the guage cluster fits into. Anyways remove the bolt or nut, tie the black wire from the gauges to it, and tighten the bolt / nut back down.

The red wire (positive) hooks up to the parking light wire. Its a green wire on one of the plugs that goes into the guage cluster.

·
Traitor
332 Posts
thanks you 88 LE thats the info i was looking for...now i can install my gauges...when i get the time :lol: darn

edit: i have this some stuff left over from when my mom was mounting some pictures

is it sufficient for the gauges...it says... "long lasting adhesive"

1 - 16 of 16 Posts