Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1999 Toyota Camry
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, i did a search and found that i could improve the battery power with the ground wires in the engine bay. So i went out today and bought all the things i need like terminals, 4 and 8 gauge wires, and a distrub. box.

I replaced most of the factory wirings. I did the 2 on the driver side shaft (1 to engine and 1 to I believe the transmission, correct me if i'm wrong) and 1 on the passenger side which leads to the front of the engine (couldn't get the damn back one loose, will try again sometime later). I didn't have the chance to wire up from the dist. box to the alt. or anything else yet.

My question is though that when i started the car up, the lights seemed a bit brighter, which meant that i did something right, but still the gauges i have still dim when i use the power windows and other electronical things inside the car. It doesn't dim at idle though (it used to). Any help?

Thanks

·
VeeZed
1988 Toyota Camry V6
2,298 Posts
Tis ok, i think

I could be wrong, but in my experience, that will always happen.

It's because your loading your battery with a high current motor, like the power windows, and that will drain power from the accessories circuit. So you'll always get a little bit of dimming, unless you had a VERY powerful battery or other system, perhaps like a truck.

I did mine, and one thing I noticed was the dash lights don't dim when I stop the car and idle. Battery voltage used to drop because the alternator spins at a slower rate, hence not charging as much. Doesn't seem to affect my dash lights now.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts