Toyota Nation Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Let The Awakening Begin
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well Well Well, A group Buy on cams its about time right?

I have been in connection with a shop in Canada which is starting a 5sfe performance program. The owner of that shop also regrinds cams, any cam any profile. For the moment though we will be focusing on sfe/fe/zrfe/zz cams, because they use a similar camshaft. 3sgte cams can be made as well, but prices may vary since ge camshafts use a different profile.

Camrys/Celicas/Mr2s equipped with the 5sfe looking for more get up and go this is where its at. For you guys with the 1mz and maybe even the 3vz Cams can be made for you as well, but again prices may vary(If their is interest i can find out right away).

The process:
It takes approx. 3.5hrs to grind the cams. Then ship to the heat treating company; heat treat, check for straight and polish mains. More information on the companies site....http://www.tedcomponents.com/

When i say they can make any profile i mean it. Take a look at my set up i just received a 272 ex. cam, and i am planning on running a staggered set up 264in/272ex in my 5sfte soon to come.

Oem Left/Regrind Right

REMEMBER those sending me cams for the 5sfe you must send Rev 2 5sfe cams. So stay away 90-93 5sfe cams, because the material on these early 5sfe is little and can not go through the process of regrinding.

Pricing:
The good stuff.... Pricing for the above cams sfe/fe/zrfe/zz when going through me and only me is an amazing $300CDN which is about $262.50USD i believe. Then shipping would be $70USD. So all together you pay 332.50USD for any profile. Good Price??? Heck yes!!!
(Everyone must send cams to me since it is a regrind)

I will be taking 3 orders at a time, and updating as things move.
TN, lets not miss out on a very good deal.

·
1994 5S-FYOU!
1994 Toyota Camry
1,602 Posts
Currently looking for a project mr2, so if I can find one beat up soon I will send you a PM in a hurry :thumbsup:

·
4Runner
99 4runner SR5
526 Posts
Ok so a couple of questions so I understand this completely.
1. Both cams will get a regrind for $332.50
2. If say I run 264s I/E, will I need different valve springs.
3. 94 and up to what 99 01 5sfe cams will work or is it just 94-96?
4. What other upgrades will Teds be doing?

Let me know as best you can on all answers please.

·
engineer in training
1,586 Posts
Valve springs depend on a lot of things. If you have over 100k miles and plan on running more than factory lift then I would at least replace your stock valve springs, but upgrades aren't much more.

A small lift increase shouldn't be too hard since you are still stuck with the factory rev limiter.

·
That Geeky Star Wars Girl
674 Posts
is there a way you can tell which camshafts are 90-93 & which aren't?
i have a spare set & can't remember what year camry i pulled them from.

is it $332USD per camshaft or for 1 pair?

are the camshafts hard welded by teds like they are by other companies such as coltcams & webcam?

thanks.

·
Let The Awakening Begin
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Ok so a couple of questions so I understand this completely.
1. Both cams will get a regrind for $332.50
2. If say I run 264s I/E, will I need different valve springs.
3. 94 and up to what 99 01 5sfe cams will work or is it just 94-96?
4. What other upgrades will Teds be doing?

Let me know as best you can on all answers please.
1. Both will be done for 332.50USD(edit---- AND THATS WITH A TWO WEEK TURN AROUND pretty fast.)
2.Different as in perfomance?? like lucky stated new 5sfe valve springs wil do. If you have old tired 100k+ springs replace them.
3.94-01
4.Lots of things are coming from adjustable intake cam gear, to custom intake manifolds.... Ill update you on all new developments.

·
Let The Awakening Begin
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
is there a way you can tell which camshafts are 90-93 & which aren't?
i have a spare set & can't remember what year camry i pulled them from.

is it $332USD per camshaft or for 1 pair?

are the camshafts hard welded by teds like they are by other companies such as coltcams & webcam?

thanks.
Its a hard weld like colt and web.

Ripley for the spare set of cams you have you must measure the base circle it must be 1.3" in diameter as opposed to the 1.1" on the rev 1 or 90-93 5sfe motor.

Thanks.

·
674 Posts
Thanks for the info - I'll measure what spares I have & get back to you.

Do you have to get a minimum of 3 orders to do the regrinds at this price?
I'm just afraid it might be hard to get 3 people to do this. :(

·
Let The Awakening Begin
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the info - I'll measure what spares I have & get back to you.

Do you have to get a minimum of 3 orders to do the regrinds at this price?
I'm just afraid it might be hard to get 3 people to do this. :(
Yeah a min of three. Hopefully people will pick up on this quick, before Teds stops offering it.

·
4Runner
99 4runner SR5
526 Posts
I'm getting a set of cams asap.

·
674 Posts
If we can't get a third person here maybe you could post over on www.6gc.net as there are many more guys with 5sfte 6th gen Celica's over there & I'm sure at least one, if not a lot more would go for a price this good.
I go by darthripley on 6gc.net just so you know.

--A couple more questions:

Do we pay in full before we ship the core camshafts?

Thanks again.

* edit, reread the post & saw the turn around time answered.

·
Let The Awakening Begin
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If we can't get a third person here maybe you could post over on www.6gc.net as there are many more guys with 5sfte 6th gen Celica's over there & I'm sure at least one, if not a lot more would go for a price this good.
I go by darthripley on 6gc.net just so you know.

--A couple more questions:

Do we pay in full before we ship the core camshafts?

Thanks again.

* edit, reread the post & saw the turn around time answered.
I'm on 6gc as well I'll put up a post there or you can post a link.

Ripley for payment you can do one of two things just pay the full amount, or pay the 70 shipping I pm or email you when TEDS gets them then you pay the rest.
I feel like the second option is a bit more reasonable.

·
Premium Member
6,508 Posts
Toyotanation offers vendorship positions. Please contact them directly for a spot. If you are not a vendor, please do not offer group buys, for it is unfair for the vendors who pay for their position. If you have any questions, you're free to contact me or another mod/admin. If you do attain the vendorship position, I will reopen this thread for you. This thread is closed... for now...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.