Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lately it seems that my camry is running rich. Im not getting as good gas mileage as i used too, i feel a little lack of power under acceleration, and i notice sometimes when i let off the gas and shift ito neutral my car will idle at around 1800 rpm's!!, but if i tap the gas it will go back down to around 700 rpm's. Its wierd and im not totally sure if this is normal thats why im asking you guys. Would reseting the ecu fix this problem? Im not entirely sure so all the help you guys can give me would be greatly appreciated. thanks guys.

·
96 3MZ M/T
Camry
2,879 Posts
clean your tb. and everything attached. there a idle up valve somewhere that might be sticking and your egr might be sticking as well.

·
3s-gte in a Camry?!?
'89 Camry Alltrac
8,890 Posts
It could also be your ignition system or any number of other problems... injectors, etc. Sounds like its time for a tune-up.

-Charlie

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
how much should i expect to pay for a tune that will fix these problems? Also do you think i should clean my injectors? And if so how do i go about doing that? Also do you think my O2 sensor would have anything to do with the gas mileage problem?

·
3s-gte in a Camry?!?
'89 Camry Alltrac
8,890 Posts
You should figure out what maintenance you haven't done in a while... and do those things. Spark plugs, wires, cap, rotor... Injector cleaner, fuel filter, O2 sensor. Any one of those things could be causing part of the problem.

Your O2 sensor could very well be the problem. There are ways of diagnosing it, or you can just buy a replacement and see if that fixes the problem.

-Charlie

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i just replaced my spark plugs, wires, and cap a couple months ago so i think those are fine. I was planning on doing the fuel filter and the O2 sensor soon so i'll see how that goes. What about my injectors, whats a good way to clean them?

·
3s-gte in a Camry?!?
'89 Camry Alltrac
8,890 Posts
easiest way is to just use a bottle of fuel injector cleaner... Otherwise you will have to take them out and send them off to be cleaned.

-Charlie

1 - 7 of 7 Posts