Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was recently in an accident with my Gen 2 Camry (1989 4 cyl LE).
The car weathered it out a WHOLE lot better than I would have thought. I am suprised as hell that the frame isn't bent. At any rate, now I have to go junkyarding for a new passenger side fender, front bumper and passenger side headlight/corner light assemble. I've seen a few threads about this while searching, but all the images are gone and the text is a little bit confusing on it's own. I was wondering if anyone had a really good step-by-step guide for this, or even just some pictures of where all the bolts are and stuff. Thanks guys. Hopefully she'll be on the road again in no time.

·
TN's Resident Car Whore!
'95 DSM Eclipse RS
5,978 Posts
Go to autozone.com and go to there repair guide section. They should have a part that covers that.

·
Not so Noob now!
564 Posts
Ok ready for the book?

Remove the screw that holds the lower rocker panel trim to the front fender. Then remove the screws that holds the plastic wheel well spash panel to the fender. There will be some plastic "rivets" of sorts that some of these screws go into, if you are careful you should be able to remove those with a needle nose pliers. On the rocker toward the back rocker panel of the fender there are at least 2 10mm bolts you should remove. There will also be a fender support rod that runs from the front lower corner of the fender to the frame that is bolted on. There will be some addtional bolts holding the bumper cover to the fender also. (Do this for both sides, since you want to remove the bumper also). There are 2 bolts holding the lower valence to the fender also. Take the screws out of your corner light and behind that there are some 2 bolts for the head light assembly and a bolt for the upper header panel. Confused yet?:confused: Well there's more.

You will want to remove the bolts holding the header panel in (the filler panel that fits between the hood and the grill/headlight assembly), there are 8 or 9 if I remember correctly. Then there are 4 large bolts under the hood that hold the front bumber on the car. There are two on each side behind the headlights. You will have to remove the battery to get to the ones on the Drivers side. There may be 2 more bolts you may have to remove from the front of the car holding the bumper on also. Don't forget to unplug the wiring harness to the park lights in the bumber, before you pull it off. After you have the bumber off the headlights are easier to remove. Take out the screws holding the grill on then remove the two 10mm nuts holding the headlight housing to the body (you should have already removed the two other nuts on the fender)

Almost there!:lol:

now you can remove all the bolts along the top of the fender and it should come right off.

Reverse the process to reassemble.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay, I got everything in but the bumper. Unfortunately, a few of the bolts got fucked up in the process. Autozone doesn't have any, the guy actually told me the the bolts I was holding in my hand showing to him didn't exist. I think I'll try another auto parts store today, but if they don't have it, who would? Would a dealer have any and be willing to let go of them?

·
Not so Noob now!
564 Posts
How about wrecking yards? :lol:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts