Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With all the recent Scepter talk I'm feeling left out on the JDM fun with my gen2. I'm just wondering if there is any of the fun equipment like 1piece lights and other misk like for the Gen3's

I've done a few searches and havne't really found much of anything

·
Banned
2006 Lincoln Zephyr
1,290 Posts
ummmm no. lol

you can get JDM GT badges. :lol:

That car came with the 3sge engine so it would kinda make you a poser seeing as how you have a 3sfe or 2vzfe.

You could get a jdm 3sfe though. 25 extra hp:thumbup:

Other than that, look at the aussie cars for different parts. They have basically a entirely different front end. Lights, bumper, grill, etc. I do believe a few japanese cars came with this also.

·
Registered
147 Posts
You *might* be able to find a Vista badge. I'm actually casually looking for one myself.

And FYI, the JDM 3S-FE that they put in the 2nd Gen Vista is 119hp. The 130-140hp one is the 2nd gen 3S-FE used in the RAV4.

- John

·
Boondock Saint
280 Posts
I got super lucky and found a 89 gen2 with a vista badge at a local anaheim pick a part. It looks pretty pimp on the back of my dark grey SV21. Good luck kensuke these badges are a bitch to find.

·
Banned
2006 Lincoln Zephyr
1,290 Posts
Kensuke said:
You *might* be able to find a Vista badge. I'm actually casually looking for one myself.

And FYI, the JDM 3S-FE that they put in the 2nd Gen Vista is 119hp. The 130-140hp one is the 2nd gen 3S-FE used in the RAV4.

- John
I know. But why get the 119hp version when there is a more powerful. Screw being authentic, be faster. :thumbup:

·
Sweet n' Lowdown
2006 Scion tC
16,189 Posts
Give it a whirl :thumbup:

http://www.south.ne.jp/~spiosk/parts/choice.htm

I learned a ton hunting around. Contact NZ and AUS dealers to, go to toyota's site and select the 'toyota worldwide' link in the lower right corner or go to the 'dealer locater' link at the top to find an over seas dealer :thumbup:

Good Luck :)

·
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, I browsed that site you gave bluemeanie, and I found that I'm not a Vista, as far as I can tell. the SV-21 is the Vista, and since I'm a VZV-21 I'm a Prominent, which I can only guess is harder to find since not a lot of people have V6 gen2's, at leat over this side of the pacific.

I at least hope I'm correct in assuming a 2VZ engine leads to a VZV-21 model number :)

·
Mad Scientist-In-Training
922 Posts
jackfrost1031 said:
Well, I browsed that site you gave bluemeanie, and I found that I'm not a Vista, as far as I can tell. the SV-21 is the Vista, and since I'm a VZV-21 I'm a Prominent, which I can only guess is harder to find since not a lot of people have V6 gen2's, at leat over this side of the pacific.

I at least hope I'm correct in assuming a 2VZ engine leads to a VZV-21 model number :)
Yes, a V6 Gen2 is a VZV21.

There are a number of people who have them, but not many have the 5-speed V6.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts