Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1991 Camry LE v6. When I got it the power windows, and power locks only worked when the door was closed. The seatbelt would only work intermittently. As time went on, the problem got progressively worse. At one point I got in the car and the windows would not work until I tapped on the door near rhe switch. In another instance the seatbelt would move a small amount as I swung the door open and closed. I took the master power window switch out of the driver door and noticed, after taking it apart that some of the leads were burned. I replaced the switch and it still did not work. I removed the inner door skin and started to look for a broken wire but have not found one yet. The power lock switch on the passwnger side works fine. I can hear a relay click twice from under the dash when I close the door. When the car is running and the doors are locked, they all open when I close the door. I could not find a fuse for the windows. Is this a common problem with a known fix or am I chasing a ghost? Could this be a bad relay? Bad harness?

Also, I am wondering what the most common oil leaks are in the 2.5 v6.

Thanks in advance,
Ekim

·
Grenaded piston
6,614 Posts

·
Car Breaker
689 Posts
Me, three doors go up and down, one will go up but not down from the drivers side. It is a bitch leaning over at 80mph to roll the window up.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the input. 88 LEwas right on the seeds with the suggestion that there was a wire bad between the kick panel and the door. While at the used parts yard checking for a wiring harness I noticed that almost all of them had one or more broken wires in the same spot.

Thanks again. :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts