Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Gen 2 Pimp
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am pretty familiar with Gen 2s from other countries and the different parts that come with them. I found out that the European Gen 2s have stock rear lip spoilers. Would any of the Gen 2 owners be interested in a subtle and (i think) classy lip spoiler? I will try to find pics...Let me know

Matt

·
Car Breaker
689 Posts
Really depends, on the Gen 2 body it is hard to pull off a spoiler. Throw up some pics, otherwise I might be interested.

·
Banned
2006 Lincoln Zephyr
1,290 Posts
Try to find pics first...

·
Gen 2 Pimp
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here are pictures of it

A bunch of pics

If you guys are interested I will try to get in contact with a wrecking yard or a Toyota dealership i the UK and try to get some of the spoilers shipped here. Let me know and I will put in an inquiry.

Later,

Matt

·
Where's my boomstick?
2,528 Posts
i dont really like the spoiler, but the steering wheel is pimp.

any way you could hook us up with one of those?

·
Banned
2006 Lincoln Zephyr
1,290 Posts
I am going to have to go with a negative on the spoiler. Well if it stopped at the edges of the trunk or was more conformed to the edge of the decklid, I would probably like it. But it's really just a waste of money. Not like it actually does anything.

The steering wheel is nice, but it's just as huge as the one we have stock which is not okay with me. I need something a little smaller. I'm thinking Momo. :D

·
Where's my boomstick?
2,528 Posts
i like the huge ass steering wheel, its like driving a semi or something:lol:

·
422 Posts
I don't like the spoiler too much, the overhang sucks and it's just.. blah.

I would love that 3 spoke though.

any other neat interchangabilities you know of?

·
Where's my boomstick?
2,528 Posts
^hey man, stealin my pics? :lol:

If anyone else needs part numbers for a toyota, lemme know, ive got the EPC now. Its got EURO spec JDM and USDM part numbers....HEHEHE

Userlain - YES - PM me and we can talk

·
3s-gte in a Camry?!?
'89 Camry Alltrac
8,641 Posts
Just FYI... the front clear corner lights are not interchangeable unless you also do the headlights and a few other pieces. :)

I always wondered if the old late 80's BMW 3-series lip spoiler would fit cleanly on the gen2 Camry. Its just a little lip. I haven't had the opportunity to measure it up yet though...

-Charlie

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have 2 european gen 2's, an 88 3sfe/sv21 manual and a 91 3sfe/sv21 auto. I'm in Europe BTW. I always thought the US gen 2's had the 3 spoke steering wheel, I really don't like the square one I've seen on some imports. The 3 spoke is not that big, I would say it's an average size.

My 91 didn't have that spoiler on it when I got it, I picked one up at a scrapyard. It's made from the same material as the bumper covers (polyurethane I think). One word of advice for anyone getting one of these, make sure you use a flexing agent when painting it, cause it'll crack and bubble over time.

I've found there aren't that many differences between the US/CND Camrys and the EURO Camrys. I've been given lots of help from American and Canadian owners and have rarely received incorrect or conflicting info.

I'm having quite a bit of difficulty right now replacing my fr and rear bumpers. I originally took the bumpers off a car from Northern Ireland where they used a lot of salt on the roads and basically the metal part of the bumper was rotten, so I took them off my 88 Camry but I think she might have been crashed b'cause they wont fit properly and you can see where it's misaligned.. There aren't many scrapped camry's here and dealers would be looking for around $350 for each bumper reinforcement. I am considering importing them from the US where the prices are like $70-$100 for the bumper reinforcement (metal piece). Actually do US Camrys have chrome along the bumpers, I noticed a lot of the modified cars seem to either not have it or it's painted over?

If anyone wants info on the euro gen 2, I'm all ears, so to speak

·
Where's my boomstick?
2,528 Posts
im just messin' with ya dude

but thanks anyway

1 - 20 of 20 Posts