Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
'05 Solara
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive searched the internet far and wide, and i cant find a straight answer. Im aware of the Tein ss coilovers available for the gen 2 solara, but there has to be something a bit cheaper.

Does anyone happen to know if the long discussed 02-06 camry coilover swap really works? I know a couple other gen 2 guys were wondering the same thing, but from what ive seen online there just isnt an answer, aside from the fact that i dont even know what is going on with solaraguy anymore, lol. I dont see why it wouldnt work, im sure there would have to be a little modification, but i'm game for that.

I've been lowered on the tein 2" drop springs with the stock struts and the stock struts finally gave up on me as i knew they would. They put up a fight though.

I was looking into the k-sport kontrol pro coilover set for my 05 Solara. Any other members on here have any success in this area? im not ready to throw out $1300 for coilovers. I also saw that ground control has a coilover sleeve kit for around $400, but i would have to buy new struts either way, so i figure it would probably be better to just get assembled coilovers for the price.

I'm a college student in KY, so budget is of the essence lol.

:thanks:

·
Registered
'05 Solara
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Thanks for all the replies, lol.

I looked up the part numbers on autozone online and to my surprise they have the strut assemblies for the 2005 solara and the 2005 camry listed under the same part numbers. Same number for both fronts, and same number for both rears. As I figure it should be a similar setup and easy swap, I pulled the trigger on the k-sport kontrol coilovers.
They should be here within the next 2 weeks.
I figure if there is even the slightest need for modification my previous mechanical background of being a dealership technician for 3 years will get me through it.

Once again, I know im not the only guy on here wondering about this. Where is everyone?

·
Registered
'05 Solara
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Installed

got the coilovers this weekend. i guess since this isnt really a high interest thing im pioneering ill just throw up pictures and not really post up what i had to do to make them fit. if you want to know more specifics you can either message me or check out the post on solaraguy. ( http://solaraguy.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=23611&start=75 )

My car, tein lowering springs and stock wheels

My car, '09 maxima wheels and tein lowering springs

Getting ready to start!

Front left installed! so low i had to set it down on a ream of paper to get the jack out. lol

Both fronts installed!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts