Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
'96 Camry XLE
11,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For those of you reading, please feel free to help to add to this, espetialy for the Gen 4, which I am not too keen on. Need info on the following for the Gen 4

1: Are the LEDs needed for the cluster the same as mentioned for the Gen 3 below?
2: Am I correct for the Gen 4 to 4.5 conversion?

Well, after the crap Eye8Pussies and I have been doing, we figured we'd make a thread like this.

Gen 3:

Suspension:

1: TRD RSB (Rear Sway Bar) It fits the Gen 3 perfectly. You just need the 2 bushing mounts from the Gen 4 to make it fit (Like $12 for the pair at the dealer)

2: TRD Strut Brace WILL NOT FIT! It will fit perfectly on the strut tower, but will not clear the hood

Engine/Drivetrain:

1: 5-speed manual swap for the V6 You can use the 92/93 Camry/ES300 tranny, but most people have recomended to use the Gen 4 Camry/Gen 1 Solara tranny.

2: 5-speed LSD (Will add later)

Body/Appearence

1: Gen 3.0 Depo Clear Headlights They WILL fit the Gen 3.5, with minor modifications to the bumper. The Gen 3.0 grill must be used in this application.

2: Gen 3.0/3.5 center panel and tail lights Direct Swap

3: 1996 Engine Cover The 1997/1998 ES300 full engine cover is the only one other one that will fit the V6.

Lighting/Eletrical

1:Correct LED bulbs for the Instrument Cluster The best LED for light dispersal in the Gen 3 I have found, is the 5 W-LED bulbs from www.SuperBrightLEDs.com The Gen 3 cluster consists of 4 #194 bulbs, and 1 #74 bulb

Gen 4, some will be the same for the Gen 1 Solara:

1: Gen 4.5 Projector lights and black headlights WILL fit the Gen 4.0 perfectly with modification. Cornerlights, grill, and bumper need to be changed. As well is a litte custom wiring, as the 4.0 light use 1 bulb, and the 4.5 uses 2.

2: 1997-2001 Engine Cover The 1997/1998 ES300 full engine cover is the only one other one that will fit the V6.

3: 5-speed LSD (Will add later)

·
Premium Member
'96 Camry XLE
11,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good stuff, I hope to pick up a TRD RSB and endlinks and bushings.
The TRD RSB comes with the bushings. :) The endlinks, you just need the normal Gen 3 ones.

·
Registered
Toyota Camry
1,820 Posts
^ Awesome I didn't know they included the bushings! However, my endlinks are shot on my car right now and are zip tied so they won't rattle because one is VERY loose. I just haven't gotten around to replacing them. I tried to tighten it but the bolt was rusted to it. So that's why I'm getting endlinks too ha.

·
Lost to follow up!
96 Camry Coupes
12,156 Posts
The TRD RSB comes with the bushings. :) The endlinks, you just need the normal Gen 3 ones.

I used the gen 4 bushing brackets with my TRD/RSB (Adams advise) I think they were less that 4 bucks apiece....The End Links (OEM)...cost me more than my sway bar!!!:eek:

·
Premium Member
'96 Camry XLE
11,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
For the Depos, couldnt you just put them on, and make your own grill?
You could, but you better be good at custom work, haha.

i thought someone had put the TRD Strut Brace on a Gen 3 without mods before :confused:
King and I thought the same thing, which is why we tested it. 2nd pic is as far as the hood will close.

·
Starr of Chaos
128 Posts
for hood clearance just add taller studs for the back of the hood and put washers or a thin bushing to space the back of the hood up, it helps cool the engine bay and adds a little zing to the car, ( drifters do it all the time to help cool down the turbos, every little bit helps.) but in this case it would help to make the hood fit "properly" assuming you simply have to have TRD performance :p

-LSW

*EDIT*
BTW out of curiosity since your adding compatibility how does the manual tranny from the 4th gen (1mz) work with the 3.5 gen?
*End Edit*

·
Premium Member
'96 Camry XLE
11,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
^ Most people that do the 5-speed Manual swap on a Gen 3/3.5 use the Gen 4 Camry/Gen 1 Solara tranny actually. :) you can also use the 92/93 Camry/ES300 manual, but many have said the 97+ Camry/Solara tranny is better.

·
Registered
392 Posts
errr let me get this str8
ur saying there are gen 4.5 projector headlights?
a) ive never seen 4.5 projector headlights
b) anzo headlights for 4.5s will fit just as good as stock 4.5s
issue being that u need to cut the radiator support to get EITHER headlight to FIT
i would know
also i have the schematics for the wiring for those who want a SERIOUS wire harness
that means when u turn your headlights on, then the high beams, the low breams stay on at the same time the high beams do
(this does not happen on gen 4s headlight bulbs)

·
Registered
2001 Toyota Camry LE
1 Posts
Rear Bumper cover interchangeability

Hey any help here would be great.

I damaed my '01 toyota camry rear bumper cover. I got a Pick N Pull '99 Camry rear bumper cover. Is it going to fit?

Please no one tell me to just go out n try. Thanks

·
Toyota Collector
11,821 Posts
The part numbers are different, not sure what the physical differences are. So unless someone knows otherwise, I will say no it won't fit.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts