Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
No Fat Bitches
2,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering if 4cyl gen 3's ever came with rear disc brakes. I always thought that only v6 gen 3's came with it. But I just saw that TRDjibz had 4 disc brakes on his 95 4cyl dx!!:eek: :confused:

·
back again? yeah, i am.
1992 Toyota Camry
1,493 Posts
no...i dont think the i-4's ever came with rear discs...on the subject of brakes, my dad might buy a 92 v6...would my 14 steelies fit on those v6 brakes cus i wanted to switch wheels?

·
No Fat Bitches
2,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
^ thats what I thought but I saw this kids car, its has the 5sfe engine and it HAS rear disc brakes. As for you question I dont think the 14inch steelies will fit, you need 15s to clear the brakes.

·
doppelkupplungsgetriebe
2015 Jeep Cherokee
173 Posts
hello. yes paul is telling the truth, and no Ufoz8mycow, i did not do a conversion. my car is a completly stock 95 camry dx with ABS. yet it has rear disc brakes. i dunno why, but it does. lol paul is telling the truth

·
slowamatic noob
1996 Toyota Camry
3,858 Posts
my friend (calvin) up north has the exact same camry as me (1994, 5sfe, automatic, 4 door, white) except that his car has ABS and it has rear disc brakes, for me in the other hand, have no ABS and with no rear disc brakes...
so i believe if the gen3 camry came with abs = rear disc brakes
no abs = drums in the back

·
back again? yeah, i am.
1992 Toyota Camry
1,493 Posts
UfoZ8myCow said:
no. the 5sfes never came with rear discs. he did the conversion. and big p, your 14" steelies wont fit over the rear v6 brakes... gotta upgrade to at least 15s.
damn...but will the 15's jus fit on my car without making changes to the brakes???

·
Gen 4 XLE v6
02 Toy Solara V6 MT
3,192 Posts
if memory serves me right, the abs ones had it (like you all mentioned) AND the "special edition" camry the two tone versions (diamond pearl white on top and grey on the bottom) - gen 3 1996 was the ONLY year i think they came out...anyhow..they had 4 discs as well. (don't know if all were abs equiped tho??)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts