Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Killa Clean Gen 3
Camry
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know if there are big brake kits out for the gen 3 5sfe?

Only one I can find is the brembo kit, but I think it's only for the V6, is it, or can it be used for the 4 cylinder as well? Or could you get it on with minimal mods to the car?

And what other brands of brake kits are there, if any? Anyone out here have experiance?

Thanks!

·
Killa Clean Gen 3
Camry
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also are there any conversion kits? I'm looking at anyway to get more stopping power out of my Gen 3 5sfe.

2005 Tacoma X-Runner
9,188 Posts
UfoZ8myCow said:
that brembo thing you are talking about is not a true big brake kit... they are just drilled or slotted replacement rotors that are the same size. no companies make big brake kits for camrys, so all you are left with is fitting rotors from another car and building custom brackets to make your calipers fit over them... it wont add any stopping power though since you will be using the same caliper (that is where the power is).

I have to disagree with you on this. I have the larger front rotor upgrade using my stock calipers and it stops a lot faster. And less force is needed to slow it down faster. We have had a couple of debates on this before. And the end result is that it does work better.

·
Auto-Cross Addict
3,837 Posts
Man, Nick just locked a thread on the exact same topic. It's only 10 threads below this one!!!! This has been covered. He even posted the link in the other one.

Please use the search button :)

This should be locked soon....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.