Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
this is my first post . i recently signed up but i been viewing the forum for quite a while now. i have a 1995 camry LE stock. changing struts an mounts soon an do a few mods (saving).. recently i been driving an i noticed a loose feeling its hard to explain...like the steering seems loose like i dont have to turn left or right as much. like i feel it wen i go over bumps that might make the car sway a little bit .im having a hard time explaining it an help or what it might be?:confused:
like i can tap the steering wheel left or right slightly an the car turns instantly.

·
Registered
2006 TOYOTA AVALON XLS
546 Posts
you are saying its EASIER to turn? There isnt any play in the steering wheel is there?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
you are saying its EASIER to turn? There isnt any play in the steering wheel is there?

not necessarily EASIER to turn but just a loose feeling like if i rock the steering wheel at a high speed it prolly would lose control real fast ..but by "play" what do you mean?

·
Registered
2006 TOYOTA AVALON XLS
546 Posts
not necessarily EASIER to turn but just a loose feeling like if i rock the steering wheel at a high speed it prolly would lose control real fast ..but by "play" what do you mean?
What I mean is you can move the steering wheel back and forth about 1/2 inch to a inch and the wheels dont move and the direction of the car doesnt move.
What you have doesnt sound like anything serious though. Could be quite a few things starting to wear down a lot. Steering pump. Could be a Sway bar. Bushings. A coil has snapped.

How does it ride? Suspension still smooth? Car still even on even pavement? Does your problem happen at high speeds? Low?

·
Pabloso
96 camry
527 Posts
i would jack up the front end of the car and check the tie rods. check if anything is loose. once the from wheels are off the ground i would try and rock each wheel left and right manually with my hands to see if the wheel moves. the wheel shouldnt have any play. if its not that i would think maybe its sumthing with the power steering pump maybe the belt is too tight.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What I mean is you can move the steering wheel back and forth about 1/2 inch to a inch and the wheels dont move and the direction of the car doesnt move.
What you have doesnt sound like anything serious though. Could be quite a few things starting to wear down a lot. Steering pump. Could be a Sway bar. Bushings. A coil has snapped.

How does it ride? Suspension still smooth? Car still even on even pavement? Does your problem happen at high speeds? Low?
when i drive high or low speeds parked even an rock the steering wheel it feels loose. i feel like if i took a dip right then a dip left the car would go outta control. basically the slightest movement makes the car turn. im gonna go into the shop 2morrow an get it checked out thanks though.

·
Registered
994 Posts
most likely an alignment issue. but it never hurts to have the tie rod ends and ball joints checked out as well.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
most likely an alignment issue. but it never hurts to have the tie rod ends and ball joints checked out as well.
yeh same thing my dad said

1 - 8 of 8 Posts