Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
nub
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my friend's have them on their cars and when i got my car back today(finally) he was urging me to get one for my car.
i saw a thread about the cone vs. a CAI and that would make me assume that they go to the same place and being that i suck at engines and stuff i dont wanna screw w/ that.

so my question is, is it worth it? what would it help?
where do i connect it? in place of the air box thingy or the thing next to it.
i'll get pics if i need to

btw, i have a v6

·
Dream Theater
170 Posts
I got a Gen 3 V6 and I have a Tenzo-R cone filter on it. It replaces the air box, you need an adapter to make it fit. To tell you the truth, I really didn't feel a difference in power when I put it on, but I did feel an increase in throttle response, and the sound it makes is very nice, esspecially when I floor it (which I rarely do)

If you want an increase in HP, then I would suggest a CAI instead of a cone filter which is just sucking in hot air from the engine.

·
Boondock Saint
280 Posts
I agree with oismail, get a cai. You can give el prototypes a call to see if they can make ya a cai. Or you can do like many of the dudes on here have and make your own. I'm personally a fan of the elp route because the piping size has been picked and tested for max flow and hp. Plus it looks top quality and is powdercoated for max sexiness. www.elprototypes.com

·
A Lone Wolf
98 Posts
89SV21 said:
I agree with oismail, get a cai. You can give el prototypes a call to see if they can make ya a cai. Or you can do like many of the dudes on here have and make your own. I'm personally a fan of the elp route because the piping size has been picked and tested for max flow and hp. Plus it looks top quality and is powdercoated for max sexiness. www.elprototypes.com
hmm, the site is down.

·
Boondock Saint
280 Posts
Their site has been down for quite a while but they are definitely a reputable company. EL Prototypes is located in Irwindale, CA if you wanna go check em out. They can make any kind of custom stuff you want so long as there will be a demand in the future. I got my gen2 cai from there and its sick.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts