Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Auto-Cross Addict
3,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So if you could see an after market grille go into production, what would you want it too look like? And I don't mean little cut and paint grilles. I mean an entirely differen't grille design. Something sudtle, but doesn't come off as stock.

One idea I had was something along the lines the Police grille that is sold for Ford SHOs:

I also have another design I am currently working on. But that will be under wraps till I finish.

So what would you guys want to see?

·
Lives For The Curves
93 Camry
1,546 Posts
2wickedtoyz said:
i think he means with out the ford symbol and replace it with a toyota one instead
Thank you Captain Obvious... (haven't heard that one in a long time)

I'm entirely uncreative when it comes to stuff like this... maybe something that rounds it out a bit, because the aggressiveness of the Gen3 headlights just doesn't go with the car IMO. I don't know how well that would work though, since the grille and headlights won't be the same color.

·
back again? yeah, i am.
1992 Toyota Camry
1,493 Posts
my custom grille is what the am grille should be....jus cut out all the crap (and yes...the emblem too) and then paint...but..thats way too much work taking out the emblem...so everything but the emblem is good:thumbup:

·
Mad Scientist
94 scepter coupe
3,967 Posts
Siver_Cartel said:
Thank you Captain Obvious... (haven't heard that one in a long time)

I'm entirely uncreative when it comes to stuff like this... maybe something that rounds it out a bit, because the aggressiveness of the Gen3 headlights just doesn't go with the car IMO. I don't know how well that would work though, since the grille and headlights won't be the same color.
i was refering to waht razo-e said"not that!

i'd like something that keeps the toyota symbol...."

so back off dude and don't bash on people who don't deserve it!!!

now back on topic...
why doesn't someone photosop it and see what it looks like on a camry with a body kit?

·
Auto-Cross Addict
3,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It would be nice if people to not whore this thread. I do need this information.

This isn't a debate over the grille I posted, it is to see what your ideas are:)

big_p:
And I don't mean little cut and paint grilles
That is what I don't want. It shouldn't be just cutting everything out. I am looking for an entirely new design.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
That Ford grill is cool, but i don't think that it would work on a Camry. I think for the Camry what you gotta do is take out all the middle stuff and either leave the emblem or take it out and use mesh grill. In mine I took everything out and then relocated the emblem all the way toward the rear of the grill so the emblem is deeper in. I think it gives it a nice touch. Its not done yet but i'll post pics as soon as i'm done. Still finising the fiberglass work

·
Auto-Cross Addict
3,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
luis:( I expected more from you... j/k

Did you read the post right above yours?

No cut and paint. All new design.

And Razo, you know my brothers (stock)SHO could flatten you. Even in the SC.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
yea i read the post, but what i'm saying is that wit hth e limited size of our grill (compared to that of a Gen5 for example) The best lookign grill wil be a simply modified one, just my .02cents

·
Auto-Cross Addict
3,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
^
ah, point made:)

I am thinking simple, but I need more than something that is just cleared out. It needs to have a new edge to it that hasn't been done before.

Reminder: This is not just a DIY project, this will be a production grille. (The on Will mentioned in the other thread)

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
yea i hear ya on the whole new style thing. I was thimking of picking up a spare grill after mine is done and working on a whole new design based off of the stock one. Ultimately what i think i want to do is something that has the toyota logo already made as part of the grill, not like the stock one where you screw it in, and have the logo take on an "angrier" look, for a lack of better adjectives

·
Auto-Cross Addict
3,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
^
It's very do able. I chop it up and run it by Will when I give him my designs.

Luis, you'll have to show me some sketches of this idea of yours. It sounds really cool. And I'd like to see it done. Right now I am laying the fiberglass for one of my designs. (Sadly there were some breaks. But I should ba able to fix them when I thicken the resin). It's keeps the logo in the same spot, but more involves it as part of the whole grille (hard to explain).

I'd like to see your idea for the logo placement. Maybe something for my next one. I have another grille on the way now (Gotta love whole sale suppliers). Maybe we could work out some ideas together or something:)

·
Kappa da Madd Rappa
43 Posts
how bout one with a triangular shape in the center kinda like the evo 8's. that would look agressive.

·
Auto-Cross Addict
3,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Kappa said:
how bout one with a triangular shape in the center kinda like the evo 8's. that would look agressive.
The only thing is that's original to the Evo. It wouldn't be if we did it. And that is also some what the design of other Sportivo grilles.

I'll try and get some pics of what I am working on up sometime soon. If possible at all.

·
camry Wookie
430 Posts
lol, i've always kinda liked the old world war II fighter planes with the shark mouth paint job on the front end.....it would be tough to make angry teeth look good on a camry, but it would be interesting to try....maybe...maybe not...

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.