Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok guys as i'm ripping apart my interior for some mods i came across a question or two. There is probably some info floating around the forum but i'm just sneaking in some time here at my job and i'll be going to the next job straight from here so if you guys could help me out with the info directly i'd gladly appreciate it.

1) AC Unit - I have taken apart the whole dash and have every piece out of the dash except the AC Unit. I took the screws holding it in out and everything and unplugged the plugs on the back and i still can't get it out. There seems to be something holding it on the left side (driver side) Any idea what it is?

2) Center Console - I know I could just figure it out while i'm there on how to get it off but just a quick tip as to which is the easiest/ fastest way to get it off would be good.

Thanx guys!

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have nowehre to place my CC module thats inside the cabin insed the steering wheel with my new wheel. But i want to take it off anyway....it'll give more room for the turbo stuff

·
限界域への独&#
605 Posts
AC unit: There is a screw behind the temperature control knob. Take that screw out and then the shaft should push through and out the back.

Console: For the rear part, there are two screws under the shifter trim, and two bolts under the black fuzzy thing on the inside. That's it. For the front part, you need to take off the lower dash pad under the steering wheel (I assume you have this off already, then take the passenger trim pieces under the glove box as well. Then there will be a screw on each side of the front console, take those out. There are two snappy plugs on the sides that go through the carpet, pop those in/out too. Then turn the key on and push the brake so you can shift the car out of park, lift up and back on the front console and disconnect the ashtray light.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You can keep the CC when going turbo, there is a way of routing it underneath. However I do plan on removing it all. The frist two things i mentioned though are more imminent so that i can finish the modification on my dash.

·
Guess whos back
2000 VW golf
675 Posts
Off topic sorta: I don't have the black box next to my battier but i have the Cruz Stick.....Anything on that??? lol

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
CCall you need to do is pop off the cover around the shifter and ther are 2 scrues then in the pocket ther are two more after that just pull up from the back try not to brake the ears buy the shifter.
if you do when you go and put it back to gether no one will know.
me and most of the people i know have them brock or cracked:thumbup: good luck

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
lol yea i found the diagram today thanx guys. I have a feeling they'll prolly crack on me tomorrow, we shall see

does anyone know where the relay for the blinkers is located exactly? I knwo its supposed to be under the dash on teh driver side but i took a quick glance and didn't see it the other day.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts