Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, all, I'm oringally from corolla forums. I recently bought a 2k solara trd strut bar for my bro as a gift. He got a 2.2L 2000 camry, I believe is a gen 4.5.

Anyhow, the strut towers on the car seem to be a bit wider than the strut bar, and no way the bar could fit on there. There seems to be a mix result on this mod, some fit, some don't. I really want my bro to have this gift, can anyone here help me or point me to the right direction?

I apprecite all ur help, and I thanks in advance.

-Cub

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bump, anyone? I've done this on my corolla, just couldn't figure it out on the camry.

·
Every road's a playground
2000 camry ce
1,338 Posts
soluscub: i have the same car as your bro and i put a 00' solara strut bar on. itll fit, but like phi said, there are "hood insulation clearance issues". last time i popped my hood, there was grime on the bar from the insulation. thats the only prob ive encountered

·
Every road's a playground
2000 camry ce
1,338 Posts
hey phi, what will happen if i take the insulation off. im thinking of taking it off for the strut bar, or at least cut the section where the strut touches

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Problem solved, STB was defective, ToyotaAutoParts.com sent me a replacement, no more problem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts