Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I replaced the canister and the vsv by the air box. I still have p0446.

I was hoping someone can help me with this issue. Possibly post some pictures of how the evap canister is supposed to be connected correctly. I think that is where i messed up.

Thank you. I'd appreciate anyones help.

·
Super Moderator
Various Toyotas
5,431 Posts
I fixed this issue, although it was on a '96 Gen 3 Camry. I found out that the connector to the duty VSV had a wire that was loose, but it looked fine. I barely tugged on one of the wires in that connector and it slid right out. I got a connector from the junkyard with a few inches of wire sticking out and soldered the wires to my wires from which I had snipped off the orginal VSV connector. The P0446 never came back.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just went to Autozone and scanned for codes. I got p0441 and p0171 after installing the brand new canister. Just to be EXACT!

·
Super Moderator
Various Toyotas
5,431 Posts
For P0171 you can check your PCV valve and it's hose/connections. Also, check for a faulty intake manifold gasket, among other things.

Reactions: savage70

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Would anyone be kind enough to provide pictures of their evap canister connected correctly? Thank you!

·
Super Moderator
Various Toyotas
5,431 Posts
Would anyone be kind enough to provide pictures of their evap canister connected correctly? Thank you!

I happen to have a '99 I4 Camry on my driveway, but I am working a lot and won't be able to snap a photo until tomorrow evening or Friday morning, so perhaps there is someone else who can do this earlier? If no one does, I'll do it. The canister is under the car by the gas tank, not in the engine bay like the Gen 3 Camry.

·
Administrator
14,259 Posts
There should be a vacuum diagram label on the underside of the hood showing how all the hoses are routed. Sometimes they go missing if the hood has been replaced.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I happen to have a '99 I4 Camry on my driveway, but I am working a lot and won't be able to snap a photo until tomorrow evening or Friday morning, so perhaps there is someone else who can do this earlier? If no one does, I'll do it. The canister is under the car by the gas tank, not in the engine bay like the Gen 3 Camry.

thank you so much i appreciate it

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
There should be a vacuum diagram label on the underside of the hood showing how all the hoses are routed. Sometimes they go missing if the hood has been replaced.

I had a brand new hood thrown on about a year ago so i no longer have that diagram

·
Super Moderator
Various Toyotas
5,431 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts