Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
spin turbo hammy... SPIN!
2,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so here is what's going on. This afternoon i met with Carl @ SpeedSource here in champaign, IL... if you do not know who he is quick summary look @ our sponsors and he is there, did the 3s-gte camry with Alex and it is sick!

Carl and I were talking and we are looking into producing some parts of the Gen 4 1MZ-FE... now i know people on the boards are always looking for hot parts and stuff that is not really on the market, so this is a chance to REALISTICALLY give me ideas and desires over what you want produced... I have some ideas with Carl and we are going to look into them in the future, but here is what you guys can do...

1) tell about a part you would want for the Gen4V6 or a universal Gen4 part...
2) Why you want it...
3) How much you would really pay for it...

The thing i have noticed on the forum is many people want all kinds of stuff and then want it for unrealistically low prices... I understand that is a desire, but this thread is not going to be like that. PLEASE do not respond " i want a full turbo kit for $1200"... "i want a carbon fiber body kit for $300" etc. etc. I am not saying the camry crowd is good or bad with $$$, but understand that parts take R&D and fabrication and really good things cost real money, but that is ok...

A couple ideas, just thrown out there are a new engine cover, perhaps heat shield in aluminum or titanium... new covers for fuse box, powersteering etc. in aluminum or titanium.. etc. So throw out some ideas, i will see what happens, it will be a little bit before we get going on stuff due to his shop in the works, his projects and my school. BUT, this is a realistic chance to have parts potentially produced from our desires, so take advantage and hit me with some ideas... no promises that anything will be made or not, or costs etc. just ideas guys
:thumbup:

·
Registered
678 Posts
how about one piece clear headlight gen4???? 2 projectors, 1 is highbeam 1 is lowbeam . I am willing to pay up to $250 for that.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Quote:

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by rapsux2000
Gen 4 headlights. (not gen 4.5)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i second that. clear headlights !!! =)

I Third that, clear headlights for the gen 4.
I also agree with itzsteven
how about one piece clear headlight gen4???? 2 projectors, 1 is highbeam 1 is lowbeam .

·
TRD Guy
588 Posts
yea, i just want clear headlights :thumbup:
i think a lot of gen 4 will want that too

·
The Greatest
3,830 Posts
Im not a v6 but If i were, i'd like a turbo kit...But its kind of unreasonable for u to make because of the SC TT kit and the SGP kit. :thumbup:

·
2,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok guys, see this is good, i will see what we can do with a gen4 projector headlight... you other guys posting, how much would you be willing to pay, i really need to know since there is no point in produciing and seriously considering if the money is not there, somebody said $250... anyone else got an amount? Remeber that projectors would cost more than the simple "clear halos" you see on ebay... i am not sure if we could do a high and low projector, since the stock is an H4 single bulb you know... only wiring for one, but i have an idea on what to do, so thanks, more feedback welcome... Anybody interested in any parts they would like to see aluminum or titanium?

·
Registered
1999 Toyota Camry
565 Posts
i agree with the clear headlights. I would be willing to pay around $175-$200. If that seems reasonable.

I was also thinking about asking if you guys can make poly-urathane (if that's how you spell it) bodykits, not fiberglass. I'd love to have a bodykit like the r34 in poly. instead of f/g

·
2,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i am pretty sure we will not do any sort of body kit production... carl is more oriented towards engine parts, which makes sense, since the demand for engine parts is greater as opposed to body kits, which are out there @ the moment.. we want to produce things nobody else it, or things that are much better

2005 Tacoma X-Runner
9,188 Posts
Polueurethane motor mounts and strut mounts would be nice as well as a polyeurethane bushing kits for our cars. Or are these already out yet?

·
Registered
785 Posts
Nice clear projector headlights! the reason is, it makes for safer driving, and makes it possible for HID light upgrade for awesome light on the road, and will make the cars entrance far more attractive... there needs to be a couple altezza style tail lights for the 97-99, my brother has a 98, and he's so bummed out theres only altezza tail lights for the 00-01 camry, and to the fact, theres not much if any exterior things he can do to his.

·
97 BlackWidowed
camry
626 Posts
yeah i want the clear headlights... ill deff pay 250 for them.. a cold air intake would be nice and a cat back for the 4cyl would be even better

·
Banned
352 Posts
I third fourth and fitth that motion for the headlights, and also a true cold air intake not no do it yourslf

·
Registered
44 Posts
I would pay up to 200 for clear headlights w/ projector style for the gen 4. I have seen the clear/euro style rears for about 180, which I think is too much for taillights.
Also a good cat -back would be nice, for under 300

·
2,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
alright guys, i will look into some of these ideas... i will get back to you when i can, but keep any realistics ideas coming...

1 - 20 of 34 Posts