Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the trunk well sealed off from the interior cabinet?

Is air prevented from getting past the seats?

I know the sub I have is working (e10k) and the amp (300W) is giving it plenty of power, but it's just not very loud without the seats down.

Has anyone else experienced this? If so, are there any factory plugs, that are removable, to allow air to come through, without disconnecting/removing the rear speakers?

I want to hear bass, but I'd rather not fold down the rear seats because it is (1) advertisement that I have a system, (2) not convenient because people sit back there frequently, and (3) it's a hassle to pull it down and push it back up.

And I don't want to start the endless chain reaction of upgrading sound equipment. It's a family car that I drive, not my own (purchased) car. Don't tell me to get more subs, port them, bigger amp, bigger alternator, etc.

·
toyota tuner
93 Camry
756 Posts
your camry's trunk is pretty air tight but if you have the seats down it should be plenty loud...i have holes poked in my trunk where i put vents...this allows more air flow i 2x better sound let me how it turns out.

·
97 BlackWidowed
camry
626 Posts
can you explain more on how you did the holes maybe some pictures? i am thinkin about doing it.... maybe help my sound out...

·
Registered
44 Posts
Are you sure youre system is hooked up properly or as well as it could be? What type of sub, box, amp?
My cam sounds awesome, and I think most would agree, a camry is an excellent car for a sound system.:confused:

2005 Tacoma X-Runner
9,188 Posts
If you look under the rear deck you will see two square's that can be taken out. Then you can cut through the rear deck and install a trim ring or a fabric mesh.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
vsix camry, where did you poke holes and put the vents?

My sub: elemental designs e10k svc 4ohm, in a sealed 0.6 cubic foot box (elemental designs recommend a 0.3-0.5 cubic foot box, so the box size isn't too small).

My amp: Kitaudio 660.2, rated at about 600W x 1 @4ohms mono with 12.5vdc. It makes enough power to run the sub.

I know it all works because the system is loud when the seats are folded down.

So is the best way to let more air through, to cut through the rear deck?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts