Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now before I get too far ahead of myself, I think I am familiar enough with the search function to be certain that this has not been addressed. (though if I am wrong, flame away...)
Anyway my question is has anyone tried to swap locations of the a/c and heat controls with the stereo location?
In other words, move the a/c controls up top and the stereo underneath.
Why you ask... I am looking at a few aftermarket units, and I want to install something that would be located in a spot I think I would be more user friendly, and more important that way it wouldn't be angled way up high for the benefit of someone who wanted to swipe yet another one of my stereos.
Appologies to who ever I swiped the below pic from, but just as a reference point, here is the "stock" configuration:

Thanks.

·
Registered
Highlander
1,471 Posts
Nope, it will not work, since the wire behind the mechanical lever for "Recycle, Mix, and Fresh" isn't long enough to reach that high. Likewise for the 3 dials.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not that I may not still be dumb enough to try something...
but at the very least I'll now make every effort to "lessen" my overall dumbness. (especially since I am kind of a punk in that I do enjoy use of the heat and A/C)
Thanks again Luc.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts