Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Gen 4 Snow Lover
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok ill explain in detail later when i get some better pics but here it is. The gen 4 to 4.5 conversion. Everything but the wiring is extremely simple. :clap: :clap:
parts:
gen 4.5 headlights (halo)
gen 4.5 bumper
gen 4.5 corner lights
gen 4.5 grille
gen 4 fenders

please excuse the car being dirty, it hasnt stopped raining here in months.

·
Still confused...
95 camry coupe v6
2,304 Posts
looks great. just for clarification, don't you need to use gen 4.5 fenders? and also, is the hood the same for both gens? i thought they were lightly different...

·
Mitsubishi Diamante Owner
'03 Diamante
1,743 Posts
The hoods from 97-01 are the same.

ViS doesn't make hoods for 00-01 but I have a 97-99 cf hood on my '01 Camry.

I wish someone would make damn black housed corner lamps. I'd love to put some halos on my Cam.... but I don't like the black headlamp and white corner lamp look

BTW, your car's paint scheme is NICE!

·
The Other White Meat
Holden Apollo
3,739 Posts
they look black to me almost.. the problem is the reflector is big so it looks silver.

·
Gen 4 Snow Lover
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the corner lamps arent black although ive thought about going that route and doing leds possibly. (no need for reflector) the 97 fenders are the same as the 01 fenders. I wouldnt have done the conversion if i had needed those. Glad everyone likes it. Big body is right the hood is the same too.
im gonna go the eyelid route too. Gotta see how its gonna come out tho so ill photochop it and put it up to get some opinions.

·
'03 Diamante
1,743 Posts
You going to NOPI next month? Please do. I'd like it if you showed (you don't have to be judged.. you can just show) and we could park next to each other. I think it'd be cool to have a bunch of Toyota Nation members park close to each other :cool:

BTW, NOPI is 40 bucks for the weekend pass per person but if you show it's 70 and you get a passenger in for free (10 dollar discount)

·
Registered
Camry 97
226 Posts
Big Body LX said:
The hoods from 97-01 are the same.

ViS doesn't make hoods for 00-01 but I have a 97-99 cf hood on my '01 Camry.

I wish someone would make damn black housed corner lamps. I'd love to put some halos on my Cam.... but I don't like the black headlamp and white corner lamp look

BTW, your car's paint scheme is NICE!
how much did you pay for you CF hood and where did you get it from? Im thinking of getting a new hood since i put mini dents in it with a powerwasher. I also cracked my windshield...:slap:

·
'03 Diamante
1,743 Posts
hazedlife said:
how much did you pay for you CF hood and where did you get it from? Im thinking of getting a new hood since i put mini dents in it with a powerwasher. I also cracked my windshield...:slap:
I gave $400 shipped for my authentic ViS oem style cf hood from a friend of mine that runs a car place in NC. I had problems with shipping so I can't really recommend the place for a hood.... maybe other car parts you need in the future?

1 - 20 of 74 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.