Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, I`m from Australia. I have Gen 5 Sportivo V6.
Just got some questions to ask to US members.

1. Does US Gen 5 have Black coloured Cluster (gauges) ? I have silver coloured cluster (which i dont like..)
2. Is it possible to change with black ones (does it matter with ecu?)

I`m talking about where rev and speed are showing.. ^^;;;
I Kinda stuffed up my cluster (trying to change the orange bulbs..)

Thanks!

http://members.cardomain.com/endlessly

·
Ford Powered
1999 Ford Mustang
439 Posts
the cluster here on our gen5's is black according to the US toyota website. btw, it looks like everything on the sportivo is nicer than what we get here. i especially like the wheel you have.

·
Gen5.5 Sportivo V6
04 Camry Sportivo V6
554 Posts
i guess it is possible to change it......
the other models here in Australia (Altise and Ateva models) had the black gauges....only the (Alise Sport, Sportivo and Azura) have the sports silver ones....
unlike the black ones in the US, the black gauges in Australia dont have the gear indicator lights in the middle :eek:.....i dont know why that is, but if you go down to the Toyota dealer, you will know what i mean.

good luck :)

·
Ford Powered
1999 Ford Mustang
439 Posts
i guess as long as you can see it on the shifter you don't need one. but ya, the gen4 had the indicator light, but they took it out for the gen4.5 for some reason. maybe to save money on guages. but they coulda just coverd it up or left it out like on gen3 auto/manuals.

·
Resident slacker
2015 Highlander
559 Posts
The US-Spec Camry SE has silver gauges with amber lighting. The LE/XLE has the black gauges with white lighting.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts