Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got some bmw ballasts for my car, i plug it in since the connection to it is the same as commecting a bulb(PIC). (Connecting the ballasts is the same as connecting a bulb) but when i turned on the lights, the hid would not work. Is there too little power comming to the headlight for ballasts? What can i do?

·
Registered
2005 Camry SE
454 Posts
First of all: make a relay harness... do not just plug any play.
Second: after you make the harness, change the Pos and Neg until they light. If they don't light, then you have dead ballast.
Third of all: those better be running into projectors.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
First of all dont first second or third me, just messin. yes they are a complete projector system. And no the ballasts are not dead cuz i pluged them into the battery and they light up, maybe the cables on the wire are switched and i need 2 move then a bit.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
ok yes the cables were moved up, i still have a question though, i ve notives that the little black box makes some weird noises. when the projector turns on. It makes so squeaking noise like a beep sort of thing. is that normal, it does it when it gets connected to the battery and when i connectt it to the headlight harness.

Ok the little black box is the ballasts and the gray/ silver big box are the ignitors i believe. So the ballasts are making the noise.

·
Registered
2005 Camry SE
454 Posts
majorgercko1 said:
ok yes the cables were moved up, i still have a question though, i ve notives that the little black box makes some weird noises. when the projector turns on. It makes so squeaking noise like a beep sort of thing. is that normal, it does it when it gets connected to the battery and when i connectt it to the headlight harness.

Ok the little black box is the ballasts and the gray/ silver big box are the ignitors i believe. So the ballasts are making the noise.
SO they make noise. That is a good thing. That is normal (you should hear my denso ballasts, they scream). It is probably because most toyotas use a ground switched connector which may not be the correct match for the litronic. I have never worked with those ballasts before, so I am half guessing here.

Either was, a relay harness would be a good investment to protect your factory wiring harness... and it makes troubleshooting a whole lot easier. Here is a good tutorial:

http://jdmlyfestyle.com/hid_wiring_harness.htm

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.