Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
2002 Camry
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've looked everywhere and it's seems to be impossible to buy an original Toyota Camry Gen 5 navigation head unit. I don't want to buy one from a dealer. I checked Ebay, craigslist, etc. Any ideas where I can get one and what is considered a good price for a used one.

·
2002 Camry
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i been looking for one too, why not try a aftermarket navigation one???
I like the look of the original, some of the aftermarket ones are so flashy and so tacky looking with flashy LED, multiple colors, blinking lights, etc. They don't look classy or sleek. Just plain ugly to me.

·
Taco Tuesday!
1,604 Posts
^the oem navi headunit for the gen 5 is made by fujitsu-ten. fujitsu-ten makes eclipse:

http://www.eclipse-web.com/us/avn/avn6620overviews.html
^this head unit is close, but with a bigger screen and buttons on the bottom. even the on-screen interface for the navigation is identical to most of the toyota oem navi interfaces.

·
2002 Camry
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
'07 XLE 4 cyl.
6,123 Posts

·
Paul_09WhiteV6
09 XLE V6 White
6,677 Posts
you can also try oemvalue.com they always have the latest nav systems. seems like they are out of stock now but i believe for 1200 or so they gave you every single thing you needed and instructions how to install. the forums always gave help too whenever needed.

·
2002 Camry
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
are there any diy for installing the navigation?

Good question. I want to get a NAV unit that does not require connecting to the parking brakes or speedometer. I know there are some NAV units out there that you need to park your car before it will work.

·
It's Soo Hoo like Yoo Hoo
3,220 Posts
Good question. I want to get a NAV unit that does not require connecting to the parking brakes or speedometer. I know there are some NAV units out there that you need to park your car before it will work.
my kenwood DDX unit can be viewed while in motion..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts