Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Mighty Flying Family Sedn
Camry
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Gen 5 Squeaking noises

well i put on around 28K on my 1.5 year old cam.. and i'm already hearing weird noises from the engine. kinda like sand paper rubbing noises.

This can't be normal.............could it? I was thinking that it might be the timing belt or the fan belt or some other belt.. maybe a pulley? any input is appreciated.

FYI i have been changing my oil using Mobil 1 every 4500 miles and i plan on replacing my tranny fluid @ 30K.

*utterly disappointed*

·
Camry
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Any of you gen 5 owners hear squeaking? feel like my engines fallin apart... i def know it's not the fan belt. I hear squeak noises directly under the plastic engine cover. Could it be my timing belt?

·
Bootyologist
2004 Toyota Camry LE
1,531 Posts
I got the same car.

when we're juss chillen in the car my gen 5's compressor makes a lot of noise, but i don't worry about it cause it goes away...when i accelerate my car makes a hissing noise but all new camry's make them noises...nothing we should worry about.

·
Registered
67 Posts
i have about 30500 miles on my 03, and i have a squeaking noise. i am almost certain that it is the timing belt. i'm not going to have the 30K service cause i think it is a waste of money; however i'm going to get the 60 at 45 and the 90 at 90. just kind of going 2 for 3.

·
Bootyologist
2004 Toyota Camry LE
1,531 Posts
take it to dealer....have a tech in the car and drive around..

·
Camry
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
wujo said:
i have about 30500 miles on my 03, and i have a squeaking noise. i am almost certain that it is the timing belt. i'm not going to have the 30K service cause i think it is a waste of money; however i'm going to get the 60 at 45 and the 90 at 90. just kind of going 2 for 3.
I thought that's what the squeaking noise was.... DAMN is it annoying!~

what is the recommended interval to replace the timing belt anyways?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Mighty~Mart said:
I thought that's what the squeaking noise was.... DAMN is it annoying!~

what is the recommended interval to replace the timing belt anyways?
i believe gen5 dont have timing belts. it's called a driving chain and it doesnt need to be replaced.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts