Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Toyota | moving forward
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I remember there being one or two people on here with quite a few miles on their gen 5s - I think one is used as a taxi? Just curious who has a gen 5 (particularly with the 2AZ) with tons of miles and how it has held up. I'm at 20K miles now and I am still extremely pleased with my car. But yep, I want to know how the 2AZ holds up with hundreds of thousands of miles on it since it was a major overhaul of the old 2.0/2.2L I4s of previous gens.

·
Registered
445 Posts
farzien said:
Well my moms 2002 camry se v6 has about 108,000 miles
Dude did you even read the post? He's asking specifically about the 2AZ-FE (4cyl) and you just posted about your mom's V6 1MZ.

Anyway. My moms 2AZ 02 Solara has 65K w/not the greatest maintenance and it runs fine. Could probably use new plugs + wires though.

·
=]
nasa space shuttle
3,690 Posts
ours runs smooth...as smooth as our 4cy 07.. 75k KM (approx 47k miles) but ok maintance..changed the air filter at about 70k :lol: and change the oil every 10k

·
Maven
3,070 Posts
I talked to a friend just last week about this. He has an 03 that is starting to have some occasional transmission issues--slipping sometimes going into first gear. The engine otherwise is fine and does not leak nor burn any oil between changes. Currently odometer at 170,000 miles. Yes, those are highway miles.....

·
Registered
505 Posts
i just sold an 04 with 54k miles....no probs at all

·
Bootyologist
2004 Toyota Camry LE
1,531 Posts
04' Camry I4- 36,550

·
Toyota | moving forward
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
gdanaher said:
I talked to a friend just last week about this. He has an 03 that is starting to have some occasional transmission issues--slipping sometimes going into first gear. The engine otherwise is fine and does not leak nor burn any oil between changes. Currently odometer at 170,000 miles. Yes, those are highway miles.....
Ah cool, good info. And 170K miles - that's crazy on an '03. Well..especially to me, since here in Hawaii you can go around the island in 100-125 miles :p. Good to hear that the engine is good. That's too bad about the tranny though.. I'm also curious how the 5spd autos hold up, your friend has the 4spd auto if he has an '03 I4.

·
The Cool Guy
Toyota Camry 02
2,564 Posts
i've got an 02 with 72K miles on the 1MZ =D those 2AZ's should be fineeeeee

·
Registered
1994 Camry LE
380 Posts
I had close to 90K on my '02 i4 when I got rid of it. My '07 i4 has 1,500 but I think it's the same engine.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts