Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
2010 Camry SE V6
2021 Toyota Camry TRD
3,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sup guys, i did a search and couldnt find anything specific for the gen 6.5...how do you cover squirrel spotters on the gen 6.5. Do i have to take the whole headlight assembly apart? Anyone got a DIY?

·
ConeKiller Camry
2010 Camry LE
1,043 Posts
Do it the exact same way as a Gen6 Camry. Its the same process but when you pull the flap, do it from 2 points at the same time slowly or just use your finger and slide it back and forth with low pressure until the flap is extended enough to do the JB Weld/Can mod. Due to the flap on the sides, you pretty much have only one shot at it because the side flaps didn't seem very strong to me. After you apply the mod, do the reverse slowly

·
2010 Camry SE V6
2021 Toyota Camry TRD
3,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
does the headlight have to come out of the vehicle?

·
ConeKiller Camry
2010 Camry LE
1,043 Posts
Yeah, its pretty much impossible to do while on the car

·
2010 Camry SE V6
2021 Toyota Camry TRD
3,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok. I know how to do that. Lol. So I take the headlamp out and use a pencile or somthing to bend the spotter flush with the cut off guard?

·
ConeKiller Camry
2010 Camry LE
1,043 Posts
I just used a pencil initially to raise it enough to stick my finger in and coax it open before I did the mod. After I did it, I put it back in the original position for aesthetics since I didn't know how it would affect anything if it wasn't in the same place

1 - 6 of 6 Posts