Toyota Nation Forum banner

21 - 40 of 259 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
dimming homelink mirror

I also have a 2012 Cmary SE 4cyl. This is the cheapest that I found on ebay, I was wondering if anybody has baught there mirror from this guy?
$269.00 free shipping & it states PLUG N PLAY.
2012 Toyota Camry Plug-Play Homelink Auto-Dimming Mirro... (160719881802)
By the way is there a trick or advice on how to take the console where the lights & sunglass holder are, cause I'm having a F*cking hard time trying to get it off

·
Registered
97 Posts
Thank you for posting this. :thumbsup:

Dave

To remove the overhead console, there are 4 clips. When pulling the console. Stick your hand way in there, grab the black part and pull it straight down .... This is what you see

This is the plug that not connect to anything ... The white with black stripe is ground. Gray wire is Switched power and the white wire is constant power... and that blue tape to my visor is the tape that tape down that plug :lol:

·
Registered
97 Posts
Other than pay the $250 or so for the Genk45a cam mirrors. Mainstream 313 and 453 housing mirrors available for $160 or less can be used. For now, all you can do is splice the wires or use t taps. The 18-22 gauge T taps are fine provided the wires tapped are 22g or bigger and the connectors are firmly seated. Gentex has had people do that to install mirrors for years.

As for the plug and play adaptor that the 45a cam mirror has ... The simple thing to do would be to get the mate to the vehicle’s headliner plug and make an adaptor that goes from the cars 5 pin plug to the 10 pin plug so the 313 and 453 housing mirrors can be easily used. The first thing is to identify the source of the vehicles plug and get it’s part # and hope there’s not a minimum order of say 2000. (that’s what happened to the 10 pin plugs) The only plug I’ve seen to date was not made by amp and is even more difficult to source.

·
Registered
57 Posts
dave57 do u have a store or r u selling the plug n play on ebay?
do u have a link?
warranty?
how about actual pictures of the plug n play mirror w/ auto dimming & home link?
I think u said it was the genk45a-cam.
Are giving any extra discounts 4 TN members?

I DON'T WANT 2 DO ANY WIRE SPLICING

·
Registered
97 Posts
No, Sorry I'm not selling the 45a cam mirror. The price structure is basically fixed on them too. I may offer the adaptor plug in the harness sales when I get a chance to research the sources for it.

Just a note though the 2011 and older Camry installations will have to tap existing circuits to install a mirror. Just a note because some people have multiple generations of the Camry...

·
#ProjectTRDCamry
426 Posts
Just a note though the 2011 and older Camry installations will have to tap existing circuits to install a mirror. Just a note because some people have multiple generations of the Camry...
on the gen 5 (2003 to be specific) is it the same way to take the
map lights/sunglasses holder down as the 2012? Just wondering because I have been curious for a while and I'm thinking of getting an OnStar FMV mirror. Thanks!

·
Registered
97 Posts
The rear of the 03 console has tabs on it so it will not pull that way. The 03 overhead console comes down from the windshield side of it.

·
#ProjectTRDCamry
426 Posts
Thanks! I just came in from trying to do it and either I'm not pulling hard enough (which is unlikely lol) or this sucker's just that secured in there to where the car bit me (cut my finger on it :lol:) trying to get it out.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Thanks! I just came in from trying to do it and either I'm not pulling hard enough (which is unlikely lol) or this sucker's just that secured in there to where the car bit me (cut my finger on it :lol:) trying to get it out.
I don't see a way to attach docs so pm me your email address and I'll send the toyota installation instructions.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Ok guys just 2 give u the heads up , this is what i bought from ebay for my 2012 Camry SE 4cyl & its cheaper than what other guys r selling the rear view mirror with auto dimming , compass & homelink. It's also from a toyota dealer.
I got mine in the other day, INSTALLED IT IN LESS THAN 5 MINUTES!
2012 CAMRY AUTO DIMMING MIRROR (260938311016)

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

·
Registered
43 Posts
Ok guys just 2 give u the heads up , this is what i bought from ebay for my 2012 Camry SE 4cyl & its cheaper than what other guys r selling the rear view mirror with auto dimming , compass & homelink. It's also from a toyota dealer.
I got mine in the other day, INSTALLED IT IN LESS THAN 5 MINUTES!
2012 CAMRY AUTO DIMMING MIRROR (260938311016)

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
Did it come with the wire cover to the headliner?

·
Registered
97 Posts
I saw that ad but with many of car dealer ebay ads there's usually an error. Evidently This one is correct.

Since it's Toyota part # 00016-32012 & Since it's in South Carolina I was wondering if it's a Southeast Toyota LLC Mirror kit? Their instructions usually have the Southeast Toyota at the top.

Also does the wire come thru the mirror post (536 housing) or is there a plug socket on the mirror under the post like the Genk45acam 453 housing ?

·
Registered
57 Posts
RJP YES it did come with the wire cover . Everything is included , directions on how 2 install (step by step with pictures) & how 2 program the compass.
I AM VERY HAPPY w/ this purchase!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

·
Registered
260 Posts
I broke a couple of the clips when I pulled down the console.:argh:
Would any auto part store carry the clips or I need to go to the dealer for this $1 part? (90467-A0033)

Other than that the mirror is in and works.

·
Registered
260 Posts
To answer my own question, the two local dealers I called didn't have the clips in stock. The auto store didn't have anything that matched. I will have to get the dealer order. 2 clips hold it fine though. Don't break yours. The mirror is great!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Removing old mirror

Does the old mirror simply slide up and off the wedge mount or is there a screw that secures it that must be loosened first?

21 - 40 of 259 Posts
About this Discussion
258 Replies
90 Participants
tdi200
Toyota Nation Forum
ToyotaNation Forum is a community dedicated to all Toyota models. Come discuss the Camry, Tacoma, Highlander, 4Runner, Rav4 and more!
Full Forum Listing