Toyota Nation Forum banner

121 - 140 of 259 Posts

·
2013 Camry SE
9 Posts
I to replaced my factory mirror with a new mirror. I bought mine from a toyota dealership in the Atlanta metro area. The name of the place is TOYOTA OF MCDONOUGH in Georgia and the part for my 2013 camry was only $179.88 part number 00016-32012. I ordered it on line from them and was able to pay through PayPal. Shipping was fast and it was a breeze to install and program. Hope this help.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I to replaced my factory mirror with a new mirror. I bought mine from a toyota dealership in the Atlanta metro area. The name of the place is TOYOTA OF MCDONOUGH in Georgia and the part for my 2013 camry was only $179.88 part number 00016-32012. I ordered it on line from them and was able to pay through PayPal. Shipping was fast and it was a breeze to install and program. Hope this help.
Did it come with the foam tape and wire cover? Thanks.

·
2013 Camry SE
9 Posts
Did it come with the foam tape and wire cover? Thanks.
This kit comes with everything you'll need to do it like factory. Includes foam tape and wire plastic adjustable cover sleeve/cap. It came from a Toyota parts department as it looks like they carry it for people wanting this feature without having to pay for the $3600 option package.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi

I need help, I bought a used Toyota tundra homelink mirror which has a 14 pin OEM connector, when I pulled the wires out of overhead console of my 2012 Toyota Camry Hybrid, I only see three wires on a 5 pin plug.

I need a adapter for 3 wire(5 pin plug) to 14pin connector (if there is such a thing). Please help with pointing me to a wiring diagram for the oem mirror or help in finding the proper adapter.

sonisame

·
2013 Camry SE
9 Posts
Not to sure.

Hi

I need help, I bought a used Toyota tundra homelink mirror which has a 14 pin OEM connector, when I pulled the wires out of overhead console of my 2012 Toyota Camry Hybrid, I only see three wires on a 5 pin plug.

I need a adapter for 3 wire(5 pin plug) to 14pin connector (if there is such a thing). Please help with pointing me to a wiring diagram for the oem mirror or help in finding the proper adapter.

sonisame
Not to sure on how to find a wiring diagram, but you can use wire crimps to attach to your factory wires to the mirror wires. Find out which wire is the power, ground, and accessory wire on the mirror wiring and you should be fine. Wish I could help you out more.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Toyota does not offer the standard mirror connector. It's available for $7 if you buy 500 of them. I offer some new pigtails occasionally and complete harnesses all the time.

·
It's Official
9,215 Posts
Hey guys, thanks a lot for all the info regarding both the SET mirror, and the install! I am really trying to practice patience here, but I'm thinking I'm going to pull the trigger shortly! Thanks everyone!

Shout out to lockdown for pointing me towards this thread!

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
I just bought and installed an auto dimming mirror I found at a local salvage yard. It doesn't have the compass or the Homelink but just the auto dimming part is ok with me. I paid $7.84 with taxes. Below are pictures from the installation. Once I figured out which cable was power and which one was ground installation was a breeze. I soldered the cables to the OEM plug. Overall very happy with the outcome.

This is how I originally had wired it but decided to solder it instead. Looks much better and cleaner.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
I found this while looking around in eBay. Not bad for the price and it has the Homelink and compass.

·
It's Official
9,215 Posts
^ nice find! Is that better than the SET one that looks the exact same for close to the exact price?

·
Registered
37 Posts
^ nice find! Is that better than the SET one that looks the exact same for close to the exact price?
That is the exact item I just bought on eBay from the same seller, just as brand new. The mirror is the same as SET, just you can't see the compass unless it is on, unlike the SET model which has a cutout. Definitely a great purchase

·
It's Official
9,215 Posts
That is the exact item I just bought on eBay from the same seller, just as brand new. The mirror is the same as SET, just you can't see the compass unless it is on, unlike the SET model which has a cutout. Definitely a great purchase
Oh very nice. The mirror has a plug that plugs directly into the car's plug, so there is no wire cutting or any of that? Just a plug and play thing that can be easily undone? (I lease). Also, just want to make sure the mirror comes with the black wire cover that goes from the mirror to the headliner.

Also it says i would need to tell him if i have a 2 wire or 3 wire plug in the overhead console...anybody know which one it is? And is it like that for all of them?

Lastly, you think its a good move buying a 2011 mirror that has been modified to have the hidden display, or should i just get the SET one for $175?

How much did you pay for a brand new one Joe?

·
Premium Member
1,107 Posts
Our camrys have a 3 wire plug.
http://imgur.com/FepryMS

Ignore my black and red wires. Those were for the dash cam.

I would suggest on biting the bullet and spending the $175 for the mirror. I thought it was really expensive for what is as well. But after using it for a little over 6 months, completely worth it. The auto dimming feature works really well. When those trucks/other cars with HIDs come up right behind you, you're not blinding at all. It's really great.

And well the garage door opener is always nice as well. But the biggest unexpected plus was the auto dimming. I solely purchased it for the garage door opener feature.

·
It's Official
9,215 Posts

Ignore my black and red wires. Those were for the dash cam.

I would suggest on biting the bullet and spending the $175 for the mirror. I thought it was really expensive for what is as well. But after using it for a little over 6 months, completely worth it. The auto dimming feature works really well. When those trucks/other cars with HIDs come up right behind you, you're not blinding at all. It's really great.

And well the garage door opener is always nice as well. But the biggest unexpected plus was the auto dimming. I solely purchased it for the garage door opener feature.

Shirtless pic, huh, Anthony??? hahaha nah just kidding.

Yea i'm like you - i would be buying it for the homelink also, but i have 15% tint on my rear windshield and my last car's auto dimming mirror stopped turning the headlights blue since the tint blocks out a ton of light as it is, so I already am not blinded by them. Wait, you have tint as well right? How dark on your back windshield? I know we have talked before, but the SET one you bought came with a plug so it was plug and play right? the only reason why I'm asking is because I see you soldered yours in.

·
Premium Member
1,107 Posts
Haha, totally didn't even notice that before I uploaded. My nudies have finally leaked.
I have 0% on the back windshield. It is plug and play. The soldering was for my dash cam.

Even with a dark windshield the auto dimming still helps.

·
It's Official
9,215 Posts
Hahaha. Ok cool thanks. I'm not buying it for the auto dim really since the dark tint on y other car didn't let enough light come through to make the mirror go dim. But that mirror was 5 years old so maybe that's part of it. Sweet man when I get out of class I'm going to splurge and get it. I think the compass is going to be kind of cool as well.

·
Registered
97 Posts
There's Camry's with a two wire plug. I've run across it once. Both are hybrids. There's a post by a member in this thread too. The Toyota version wouldn't work for him. The Mito gentex mirror kit has a two wire plug and a jumper on the mirror plug for homelink power. Both the Southeast Toyota and Mito versions are the same oem mirror. Which was originally made for Subaru, Mazda, and Toyota in 2006 Fords mirror has a slightly different mounting system but all will fit a Toyota mount with an adaptor harness. Thrifty shopping can save over $100 from set. Age of these is not an issue yet. Unlike the rest of the electronics today. There's very few of these mirrors that fail.

·
It's Official
9,215 Posts
There's Camry's with a two wire plug. I've run across it once. Both are hybrids. There's a post by a member in this thread too. The Toyota version wouldn't work for him. The Mito gentex mirror kit has a two wire plug and a jumper on the mirror plug for homelink power. Both the Southeast Toyota and Mito versions are the same oem mirror. Which was originally made for Subaru, Mazda, and Toyota in 2006 Fords mirror has a slightly different mounting system but all will fit a Toyota mount with an adaptor harness. Thrifty shopping can save over $100 from set. Age of these is not an issue yet. Unlike the rest of the electronics today. There's very few of these mirrors that fail.
Are you the seller for the one on eBay that laurido linked to?

My camry is a 3 wire, i pulled the overhead console to make sure. Once I ripped it down the first time, now it comes out like a baby!

121 - 140 of 259 Posts
About this Discussion
258 Replies
90 Participants
tdi200
Toyota Nation Forum
ToyotaNation Forum is a community dedicated to all Toyota models. Come discuss the Camry, Tacoma, Highlander, 4Runner, Rav4 and more!
Full Forum Listing