Toyota Nation Forum banner

321 - 330 of 330 Posts

·
BeerSteakTxas
10,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #321 (Edited)
From the ignition timing/spark advance curve. It feels more advanced on the 2015 4 cyl models which makes them feel lively and punchy as though there was a V6 was under the hood. And also contributes to making the car able to maintain 70-80 mph speeds on the highway with only very slight pressure on the accelerator pedal.

The 6-speed transmission on the 2015 4 cyl models is programmed to keep the car in the lower gears for longer periods of time when the driver is accelerating or going up hills including slight inclines. So the car never feels bogged down in too high of a gear.

The combination of aggressive spark timing and lower gear transmission programming really makes the 2015 4 cyl models feel athletic plus contributes to outstanding fuel economy at steady highway speeds (e.g. up to 500 miles on a tank of gas).
Coming from a Corolla or older Camry 2.5 might feel like a V6 but it ain't.
All specs are identical, no one but you saying anything about new soft, the 2015 is a bit heavier, but peppier, more responsive and more economical according to some.
At steady HWY speeds "older" 2012-14 :) can do up to 600-650 miles, so 500 is not that impressive.
No offense, but your sense of refinement, better acceleration and fuel economy are symptoms of a new car fever/smell/euphoria and there is no other explanation to that. :)
You bought a good nice new car, but there is no reason to to over-exaggerate and over state anything about it.
Enjoy your new car.

·
BeerSteakTxas
10,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #323 (Edited)
I like the sport design... it fits me..
i Just dont see how a glorified toyota can cost so much :grin:
BOOOO, BOOOOO :).
The IS is too small for me (I'm 6'4"), but I love the exterior and interior and see no big issues with material quality or price. My little sister was looking to upgrade her 07 IS and we have driven a CLA, 128 and IS and IMHO the IS is by far the nicest car out of these 3.
I haven't driven the 2015 "C", but seen it at the dealer's lot and sat in it for a few minutes and I just cant testify the asking price.

·
Registered
3 Posts
2013 Camry LE

Hey! I wanted to thank everyone on this thread. I recently purchased a 2013 Camry LE and was having the ringing/whistling noise at the top corner of my driver's window. I took it into the dealer twice in the first week of owning the car and they, like many others reported, thought I was crazy and told me to turn the radio up.

Fortunately I stumbled upon this thread and used the electric tape method on the rear view mirror. Viola! No whistle/ring coming from the window anymore.
Wow! Was that an annoying noise or what?!
Thanks all!

·
Banned
75 Posts
I noticed after replacing my door speakers my car is really much quieter. I do not have any window or mirror noise. But after taking the factory speakers out and putting in 6.5's with a Metra hard plastic adapter and semi baffles on back (cut hard plastic Metra baffles) there is no noise coming through the door. I think after removing the two door panels that the hollow door panel echoes vibration -- if I tap the paper OEM speakers, they transfer sound and vibration. I think the OEM speakers actually transfer sound from the door into the cabin. Just what I noticed. Especially in the rain and snow. Not sure why though? The OEM paper is very vibration sensitive - the aftermarket speakers don't really reverberate. If that makes sense?

·
Less Viscous Than Others
421 Posts
Amazing how quick a dealer is ready to take a dump on a buyer's concerns. Very telling about their real level of "care".

They'd just as soon kick a guy in the arse and get onto the next buyer.

·
Camry XSE V6 Owner
50 Posts
Amazing how quick a dealer is ready to take a dump on a buyer's concerns. Very telling about their real level of "care".

They'd just as soon kick a guy in the arse and get onto the next buyer.
I took my Camry for a noise complaint and they didn't do that at all. Seems the dealer I use has a very good team of people. Very nice. Sherwood Park Toyota in Alberta, Canada. I'm very happy with them.

·
Less Viscous Than Others
421 Posts
I took my Camry for a noise complaint and they didn't do that at all. Seems the dealer I use has a very good team of people. Very nice. Sherwood Park Toyota in Alberta, Canada. I'm very happy with them.
Thats's Canada man. Everybody is nice and reasonable there. Even that rough n tough Holmes on Homes guy, he sounds educated. Its like the USA but without all the cut-throat scamming lying TV screaming. Oh and with healthcare.

Down here with 10times the population, people are climbing over eachother for defective cars and drugs.

·
Banned
716 Posts
David congratulations on getting this wind issue resolved! I was just catching up with this forum because I haven't been on this site for months, and found this post. I'm really glad this issue was finally fixed. Awesome patience!:rockon:
from page 17....david can u update? has this resolved the issue? also how is that inside glass strip removed? does the door panel have to be taken apart?

·
BeerSteakTxas
10,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #330
from page 17....david can u update? has this resolved the issue? also how is that inside glass strip removed? does the door panel have to be taken apart?
Yes it worked.
In order to remove the channel strip, kind of squeeze it a bit and pull it out of the channel. Just don't pull the end of the strip out of the channel. You can pull it up a bit, apply silicon and slide it down again. To position the strip properly, start putting it back from the corner of the door frame and then go in both directions.

321 - 330 of 330 Posts