Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
poor college student
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i searched and came up with nothing.

I am thinking of taking 12' of aut gauge cable and relocating my battery to under the back seats or into the trunk(which would be a challenge whereas i have my subs back there.

Any ideas?

·
Big Wrench
397 Posts
Why are you relocating your battery?

Old school guy's used to relocate the battery to the trunk to give rear wheel drive cars a better bite, by placing more weight over the driven wheels. The older cars also were front heavy so transferring any weight from the front to the rear was a big help with balancing the car.

·
Beams SV21
576 Posts
there will be no space under the back seat. behind it yes. in the trunk yes. but why ur doin it i would like to know.

what u will need is some 0 Gauge wire from the battery to the starter motor, and some 4Gauge would probably be enough from the Battery to the distribution block in the front. other things u may need to buy are circuit breakers, fuses etc. there are a few more steps involved in this but i'm curious as to why u want to do this.

you will also need to ensure that the battery is firmly secured and that there is some venting. you may also need to look into the legality of this for ur state.

the only gain i can see from u doin this atm, would be to create some space for a box for ur pod filter, or if your goin the turbo route and need the space for some piping.

·
422 Posts
I did it to clear up space, it's not hard. You just have to get some good wire and a marine battery box. I got a summit kit, but don't get it. It does't fit together, and I ended up using half of the shit they gave me.

·
poor college student
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i am going to move the battery so i can make a cai.

couldnt i just run 0gauge cable from teh positive on the battery to the terminal clip thinger in the engine bay?

·
422 Posts
I just ran my red wire to the fusible links like ususal. You also can just drill a hole in your frame and mount the black wire to it for a ground.

·
Mad Scientist-In-Training
922 Posts
userlain said:
i am going to move the battery so i can make a cai.

couldnt i just run 0gauge cable from teh positive on the battery to the terminal clip thinger in the engine bay?
If you run the battery because you want to do it for space purposes, then that's fine. Otherwise, you don't need to move the battery to run a CAI.

Gen2 owners who have CAI's still have the battery in it's original place.

·
poor college student
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
where do they put the cai? i have never actaully seen instructions for sed cai.

·
3s-gte in a Camry?!?
'89 Camry Alltrac
8,793 Posts
Relocating your battery to the trunk will help handling (moving ~35 lbs to the trunk will even out the front/rear weight balance). Also, like others have said, it clears out room in the engine bay. I will probably have to do it to run all the piping I need for my intercooler setup...

You can run the piping through where the stock air intake piping goes for a CAI. If you remove the battery, you can see the hole that goes down into the fender.

Here's how it went on my old Camry: http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4290434557

-Charlie

1 - 9 of 9 Posts