Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Pochacco Owns Me
3,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was at the junk yard recently and i noticed they had a lot of v6gen2 and i noticed they had disk in back instead of my drums. i searched around and found this page
http://toymods.org.au/Brakes/
and i'm wondering if it's just a simple bolt on job or not. becaused i asked my friend from school and he's a mech he said i might need a regulatory valve or something to make it work right. and the last question is will i be able to use my stock 14' rims still after this swap.

·
Banned
2006 Lincoln Zephyr
1,290 Posts
If you go with the GT4 rotors that we talked about on IM, I am pretty sure you need to upgrade to at least 15's. :thumbup:

·
Registered
147 Posts
This has been discussed about a million times on Camryman.org.

No, you don't NEED a proportioning valve from the V6. The disc/drum one will work fine. It just won't apply as much pressure to the rear brakes. If this bothers you, you can grab the valve from the car you take 'em off of. You should also be able to get away with 14" wheels. You also have to make sure you don't get ABS brakes (that rules out some 91 models).

- John

·
Pochacco Owns Me
3,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
any idea where that valve is kensuke ? and there isn't that many gt4 celcias in the states

·
Mad Scientist
94 scepter coupe
3,955 Posts
Kensuke said:
This has been discussed about a million times on Camryman.org.

No, you don't NEED a proportioning valve from the V6. The disc/drum one will work fine. It just won't apply as much pressure to the rear brakes. If this bothers you, you can grab the valve from the car you take 'em off of. You should also be able to get away with 14" wheels. You also have to make sure you don't get ABS brakes (that rules out some 91 models).

- John
if the brakes are not adjusted properly then the car will not brake to it's optimum ability, if you have the grand turismo game then take a fwd car and adjust all the stopping power to the front only and tell me how well that works and if you want to get smart then remove your rear brakes and cap the rears off and tell me how you like the way your car acts cause that my friend is what will happen if it is not adjusted properly. and yes you should be able to get away with 14" wheels

·
Banned
2006 Lincoln Zephyr
1,290 Posts
atobe said:
any idea where that valve is kensuke ? and there isn't that many gt4 celcias in the states
No there isn't but you can still find parts for them pretty easily. The best resource for used units www.car-parts.com or you can just buy new aftermarket parts which is what I will probably do.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts