Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there. I searched and found some threads for this already but something I still need to know + existing threads were very old to bring up again.

Ok. I have a -90 Camry with 3S-FE engine (5-sp) and I'm looking for to cheer it up a little. K&N panel filter I already got so changeing headers is one of the easiest one to do next. 3S-GE headers should bolt on quite easily I have understanded. My car has no catalysator.

Main guestion is. What is the difference between Celica 3S-GE headers (86-89) and (90-99)? Which one to prefer? I have already found one place where to got used 86-89 headers in here.

What kind of improvement a GE header can show? Can it be eaven noticed? Or does it only cut low rpm torque ;)

One other thing that I have wondered is rated power of 3S-FE engine. I have read here that it is 115 hp in the US. However in Finland the same engine is rated 127 hp? What makes the difference? Cat perhaps?

Appreciate any info. Thanks.

PS. Here is a pic of my baby(56 beware)
http://www.netsafir.com/~osmail/Camry_03.JPG

·
Car Breaker
689 Posts
You can use the stock/performance headers from the celica w/ 3sfe or 3sge. Some performance headers are made by Genie, Pacesetter, Japspeed...

Oh and, since you would be switching from a cast-iron manifold to a aluminum header you will notice a gain.

I also envy your rear wing, your car is a good example of what one looks like on a good looking gen 2. We had a thread about this a couple of days ago. Clear corners as well =P.

That's a hell of a screen magnifier!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I wonder how marginal is the difference between stock GE header and aftermarket headers. When installed to stock 3S-FE that is.

Magnifier + simulations = added immersion ;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Okay. I found out that 1990 3S-FE europe version does have a same header than 87-90 3S-GE engine in Celica. That might might be the main reason for different power ratings between europe and US versions (115 vs 127hp).

Both are a casted iron though.

However I now have an option to go with 91-93 3S-GE tube header or 96-99 3S-GE tube header. The newer one is cheaper.

Can someone please clarify that the 96-99 model will fit to 3S-FE ?

·
Pochacco Owns Me
3,123 Posts
yay another euro gen2 :thumbup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts