Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello people,

I am nearing insanity. I'll spare you the details but right now I would need someone with good knowledge of the gen2 V6 engine to help me ascertain the location of the two following switches (part of the cooling fan system).
If I correctly identified both, them I'm going crazy, if not then there's some hope.
Thanks !

·
幻影
673 Posts
gen 1? I think you meant gen 2. And where did you get charlie from? If anyone, it would be jetspeed that would know about the v6.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Uh, right, Gen2, sorry. Charlie, well, is from the children book, not a forum user (that I know of !). I guess I should rename the thread "Where is Jetspeed" :)

·
VeeZed
1988 Toyota Camry V6
2,298 Posts
Charlie? lol.

The one on the top radiator hose is the Fan Switch.
The one down the bottom near the thermostat is the Temp Guage Sender (1 wire).

:thumbup:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey, here he is! Speedy indeed. Thanks to phatfantom for summoning Jetspeed and the latter for the answer...

So I got half of it right. But the connector near the bottom is actually near the belt as you can see on the close-up, and has two wires, I am not sure then it is the one you are referring to.

In any case, if I got the water temp fan switch right, maybe then you know where the "A/C high pressure switch" is in that engine?

·
3s-gte in a Camry?!?
'89 Camry Alltrac
8,667 Posts
Lol... for a second, I thought I was the Charlie you were referring to. :D

If you really need the help (aka Jetspeed doesn't know the answer), I can look in my manuals...

-Charlie

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, quite, I've gone through all possible causes and the last remaining is that damned A/C high pressure switch which may be defective and keeping the circuit open.
Problem is : I don't know where it is for sure. I only have a Haynes manual which doesn't say anything about it except it is in the wiring diagram.

So if you have some better source, yes, It'd be great!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Charlies and non-Charlies the world around, any ideas about the position of that thrice-damned high pressure switch? I tried a Toyota used parts dealer and he had no idea whatsoever, figures. Next stop would be Toyo dealership but I have little hope - just can't afford a paying repair.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts