Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if you can retrofit the headlights from a 2000 gen4 camry to a 1992 gen3? Please help, if anyone has done it please let me know how.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I really doubt that it will cost over a grand to convert headlights, but thanks for your opinion anyway. They are basically the same shape with minor differences.

·
TN Ass Man
95 Camry SE 2-door
1,179 Posts
dude not only are the lights different but the bumper and hood are different, you will have to spend some money

·
Registered
263 Posts
well i have the gen 4 black housing halos on mine but u have a little triangle gap between the parking lights and it .... ive been thinking about a way to mount the parking lights from the gen 4 and kind of mold them into the fender but its all theory right now. im wanting to just get some stock headlights and make them projectors though. but i was thinking i could keep these and just buy the r34 front bumper for the gen 4 and gen fenders and the parking lights ..... so yea like razo said itll cost around a grand .. after shipping costs

·
Zoom-Zoom
2008 Mazdaspeed 3
7,128 Posts
mrman88 said:
I really doubt that it will cost over a grand to convert headlights, but thanks for your opinion anyway. They are basically the same shape with minor differences.
it wasnt my opinion...

it's fact...
you can do it for a few hundred bucks...
but then again, it WILL NOT look good...
gaps, bondo, wrong curves, and duct tape everywhere...

and here's a tip, if someone doesnt say "in my opinion", then it's usually NOT their opinion...

·
Auto-Cross Addict
3,837 Posts
Headlight conversions never turn out good unless you put a lot of cash into them. They need to be pro done too (unless you can do it yourself, then your a pro). Not an easy task.

There aren't just minor difference. The mounts are different. The bumper isn't the same shape. The hood hight is different.

There's lots of work to be done. Hope your rakin' in the cash.

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Wow you guys are mean...

Anyways, you'll have to modify your hood, fender, and front bumper. Which will involve a lot of cutting and welding.

Are you buuilding a show car? Cuz a headlight swap would be pretty cool, BUT I don't think it would look right.

·
Registered
263 Posts
well mostly the reason i wanted to do it was for the r34 front bumper and i figured i could make a plate or bracket to bolt the gen 4.5 headlights down to ... actually i did. but like i was saying the whole thing bein done anytime soon isnt likely... personally im goin back to rock the stock and turn em into projectors.... hella cheaper. heck. u can even get a hid kit from 2kracing and you'll prolly total up to around the same pricing

·
Registered
263 Posts
UfoZ8myCow said:
^agreed... i think the best mod for gen3 headlights is to retrofit some projectors in there. HID if youve got the money. but if you are hell-bent on a total headlight swap, i would suggest looking for something that more closely resembles a camry's lines so that it doesnt look weird.

you guys remember that pic on here of a CRX painted matte black, Benz E series headlights, BMW grill, Supra tails, vents and scoops everywhere? now that thing did NOT look right. you wouldnt want to end up like that poor fellow, would you?
i never saw that picture

·
Registered
263 Posts
oh my....that brings a tear to my eye...im tryin to figure if im crying bc its an abomination or if its from the laughter lol

1 - 17 of 17 Posts